LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 9th May, 2005 in the Village Hall

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr. Lee Sinclair, Councillors Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. R. Whate, P. Beresford, F. Clark, J. Cobb,  District Councillor M. Jenkins and 2 members of the public. 

 

1.       APOLOGIES

Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark and County Cllr. J. Hempsall

 

2.     DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

       None

 

3.    MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 11.04.05

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting.  Cllr. F. Clark proposed they were a correct record of the meeting.  This was seconded by Cllr. P. Beresford and unanimously agreed.

 

4.    MATTERS ARISING

a)       Village Hall – inspection of building in hand.

b)       Parish Plan – already discussed at Annual Parish Meeting.  The council was grateful for Mr. Cable’s offer of help.

c)       Rampton Hospital – unfortunately the visit had been cancelled as not everyone was able to attend.

d)       Maintenance, Broadings Lane – The planings have been delivered. It is hoped the local landowners will help fill in the potholes.

e)       Bell Holt and Wharf – reports of some parking on the Common Land.  To be monitored.  No response yet from the Fishing Club about the second agreement.  Regarding the BBC project on Wharf Road the Chairman has arranged a meeting with Mr. Wort of NCC in June.

f)        Footpath Dunham Road to C2 – no response to letter. Laura Summers to be contacted again.

g)       Signs etc  - Mr. Lightfoot did meet with Cllr. F. Clark  and was appalled at the work done at Church Laneham.  He will get the contractors back.  The soil has now been levelled.  To be monitored.

h)       Over Trent Piece –  Cllrs. F. Clark and P. Beresford had met with Sgt. Craft and a colleague at the land.  There does not appear to have been any damage done to the floodbanks.  Some evidence of Clay Pigeon shooting.  However, because the land is a 20-minute drive from the main road this makes it impossible for the police to monitor.

i)        Spring Clean – had taken place and the Chairman thanked all those who had taken part.  The Chairman said he was pleasantly surprised at how little litter there had been to collect and congratulated the village on this.

j)        Lane Lettings – all the money had now been received.

k)      Rubbish Clearing from Grass Verges – Colin has agreed to do this work and asked for a plan, which has been sent.  He intends to do it in two sessions one at the end of May and again in September.  It was also agreed that he would cut the grass on Main Street again where it was untidy.

l)        BDC – South East Bassetlaw Forum.   The Chairman had attended the meeting at East Markham.  Some useful points had been discussed including an area policeman and dog warden.  Asked for support from the council.

m)     House Name – the new house on Main Street near Orchard Nursery has been named Bracken House.

n)       Bus Shelter – still some complaints, monitoring of the situation to continue.

o)       Rubble at Top Town Bridge – it has been confirmed that this was put in place by the Environment Agency for use with the flood boards.  Cllr. F. Clark to ask if this can be grassed over.

p)       Trentfield Lane/Wharf Road – copies of the most recent letter from the Solicitor were circulated. Now just awaiting agreement on one point.

 

5.         ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

Lee Sinclair was proposed by Cllr. Beresford and seconded by Cllr. Mrs. Whate. There were no other proposals and Cllr Sinclair agreed to continue as Chairman. Unanimously agreed.

 

6.       ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN

Cllrs Mrs. A. Clark was proposed by Cllr. Beresford and seconded by Cllr Sinclair.  Cllr Mrs. Clark was not present but she had indicated that if proposed she would be willing to continue as Vice Chairman.  Unanimously agreed.

 

7.       ANY OTHER ELECTIONS

Village Hall Committee – Cllr. Mrs. Whate proposed that Cllrs. F. Clark and P. Beresford continue on this committee.  Cllr Sinclair seconded this and it was unanimously agreed.

 

8.        DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS

A list was circulated and a copy will be put on the Notice Board.

 

9.       PLANNING APPLICATIONS

a)       Land at Glendower, Dunham Road – Erect Detached Dwelling and alter existing access – the application was discussed and plans inspected.  Cllr. F. Clark proposed the plans are approved this was seconded by Cllr. Mrs. Whate and five out of the six councillors present voted in favour of the application.  1 abstained.  Comments to be made that the councillors wish to see the final plans for the building and they recommended it should be in line with the neighbouring properties.

b)       The Croft, Main Street – Reconstruct Boundary Wall

c)       The Croft, Main Street – Demolish Boundary Wall and Reconstruct Boundary Wall to Original Location, Size and Detail – both these applications were discussed together after inspecting the plans.  It was proposed by Cllr. Mrs. Whate and seconded by Cllr. Beresford that © was the preferred option.  This was unanimously agreed.

d)       The Croft, Main Street, Demolish Boundary Wall – application no 28/05/00001 has been withdrawn

 

10.    ACCOUNTS 2004/5 & PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)        Accounts for 2004/5 were discussed. After checking with the Village Hall Committee it was agreed to increase the valuation of the Hall in line with their current insurance valuation of £147,000.  The accounts were then finalised and signed.  It has been arranged with Jane Holden for her to complete the internal audit by the 1st June.  The relevant notice has been posted on the board.

b)       Caretaker £333.33 (000562)

c)       Best Kept Village £4.00 (000563

It was proposed by Cllr. F. Clark that both these invoices be paid.  This was seconded by Cllr. Beresford and unanimously agreed.

d)   A VAT refund of £32.65 has been received.

 

11.      CORRESPONDENCE

a)       NALC – meeting on 23rd May in Town Hall, Retford.  Councillors interested but none able to attend.  Cllr. Jenkins agreed to keep the council informed about the meeting.  The minutes of the last meeting had been received from Cllr Burton.

b)       Best Kept Village Competition -  It was agreed to enter this competition.  To seek support of the village via The Roundabout.  Cllrs. F. Clark and P. Beresford to organise the plants for the planters and were thanked for doing this.

c)       CPRE – AGM tonight – apologies had been sent

d)       South East Bassetlaw Forum – next meeting 16th June.  It is hoped two councillors will attend.

e)       NRCC – AGM 17.10.05

f)        Tallents – have informed the council of their new fee rates.

 

12.    ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a)       Village Entrances – help to be sought with the grass cutting

b)       Trentfield Lane/Wharf Road – a query was raised regarding the final point of agreement, which was clarified.

There was no further business and the meeting closed at  9.25 p.m.