LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held following the Annual Parish Meeting on Monday, 8th May, 2006 in the Village Hall

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr. Lee Sinclair, Councillors Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. A. Clark, P. Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark, J. Cobb, G. Scrini, Dist. Cllr M. Jenkins and 1 member of the public.

 

The Clerk asked for an extra item to be added to the Agenda at 7a Public Discussion.  This was agreed.  The Code of Conduct declarations were collected and the new councillor declaration forms were also completed before the meeting started.

 

1.       APOLOGIES

County Councillor John Hempsall

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

       None

 

3.  ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

Cllr F. Clark proposed George Scrini, this was seconded by Cllr. Mrs. Barber.  There were no other nominations.  Cllr. Scrini had some reservation because he was a new councillor, but with offers of assistance he did accept the position of Chairman.  This was unanimously approved.  Cllr. Sinclair then stood down and handed over the meeting to Councillor Scrini.

 

4.ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN

Cllr Cobb proposed Cllr Mrs. A. Clark, this was seconded by Cllr. Baines, there were no other nomination and Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark accepted.  This was unanimously approved.

 

5.       ANY OTHER ELECTIONS

a)       Village Hall Committee – Cllrs F. Clark and P. Baines were elected.

b)       Poor Close Trustees – to remain the same.

 

6.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 10.4.06

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting.  Cllr. Mr. F. Clark proposed that they were a correct record of the meeting.  This was seconded by Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark and agreed by those who had been present.

 

7.  MATTERS ARISING

a)       Village Hall – Information has now been received regarding grants and requests for forms are to be made to WREN and Awards for All to cover the work

b)       Parish Plan – Some points will be brought up later.  It is hoped to arrange another social function during the summer after the success of the last one.

c)       BBC Project – Nic Wort has now confirmed the work will start soon.  The council agreed to request a schedule of the work to be done so that everyone could be informed of what was being done and when.

d)       Culvert –NCC has now responded by asking for the culvert to be marked on a map.  This has been done and returned to them.

e)       Bridleway 25 –  No further word from the Inspector regarding the status of Wharf Road.

f)        Bus Shelter –  in need of some attention.  NCC to be advised.  The new bus shelter still needs a repair.  Cllr. Mrs. Clark agreed to contact a local joiner to see if he could help.

g)       Footpath Sweeper – Cllr. Mrs. Clark advised the council that her son Alex would be willing to do the work.   There had been no other applicants.   The councillors were pleased that a young person from the village had come forward and agreed to offer him the job.  Details of the duties to be sent to him so that work can get underway.

Cllr Cobb left the meeting.

 

h)       Trentfield Lane/Wharf Road – the court hearing had taken place on 2nd May and it was ordered “That the judgment for the Claimant of £1313.32 plus costs assessed at £400.00” be paid to the council within 14 days.  Mr. Hardman has intimated that he intends to make an appeal against the judgment.  Correspondence from the solicitor and Mr. Hardman received since the last meeting was read to the council.  It was agreed not to respond to Mr. Hardman’s letter as this matter is in the hands of the solicitors and the council will continue to follow his advice and let him act on behalf of the council until this matter is concluded.

i)        Lane Lettings -  this had taken place on Easter Monday.  The lanes had been let for £12.00 and the Poor Close for £210.00

j)        Internal Audit – as Jane Holden had been unable to undertake the audit Mr. John Smith had been asked to undertake this task.  This he has done and the form duly signed has been returned.  The audit notice has now been posted and the accounts are available for inspection by appointment with the clerk from 28th May – 23rd June.  It was agreed that the Chairman would purchase a bottle of whisky for Mr. Smith in appreciation of his work.

k)      BBC Meeting at Thoresby – it was agreed that Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark would try and attend.

l)        Helenships – the potholes have been repaired.

 

 

7A PUBLIC DISCUSSION

The council meeting was closed and opened to the public.  After it was reopened there were no items that required discussion.

 

8.       DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS

A list of dates had been prepared on the current system -  meetings are held every second Monday of the month.  The list was agreed and councillors given a copy of the dates for the next year.

 

9.PLANNING APPLICATIONS – The Croft, Main Street, change of use of existing single and 2 storey barn and stable to dwelling, erect single storey link extension, store and parking,  a second application as above but taking into account that the building is listed.  The plans were inspected and discussed.  It was felt this would be a suitable conversion of this old barn.  6 out of 6 councillors voted in favour of the application.  The council commented that they would like BDC to ensure that the asbestos was disposed of in an appropriate manner and that suitable arrangements would be made to ensure there was no disruption on the road during the construction phase.

 

10.     PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       CPRE SUBSCRIPTION - £26.00  (000598)

b)       Caretaker - £333.33 (000599)

c)       NALC - £15.00  (000600)

It was proposed by Cllr. F. Clark and seconded by Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark that the accounts are paid.  This was unanimously agreed.

 

The Clerk also explained that the Street Cleaning grant has been reduced from the amount claimed as BDC have now provided a different population figure. 

 

11.    LAND REGISTRATION

It was agreed to carry this item over to the next meeting in view of the amount of time this subject will need.

 

12.  CORRESPONDENCE

a)       Trax F.M.  – will be pleased to advertise any village events.

b)       Public Conveniences – a letter from BDC was read to the council.  Another complaint has been made about the toilets.  This matter was discussed and a reply drafted.  The council does not wish to lose this facility, the village has too many visitors not to have such a facility.  BDC indicated that the toilets should close at 5.00 p.m. but it was agreed at the meeting in July 2004 that the toilets should remain open until 6.30 p.m.  A copy of the relevant minutes to be included in the reply to BDC.  A copy of the letter to be sent to Mick Fanthorpe.

c)       Best Kept Village Competition – left over to the next meeting.

d)       Planning – Melson House, extension – permission granted.

e)       Planning – Frogs Leap, garages/stores – permission refused.

f)        British Waterways – information received regarding the Trent Vale Landscape Partnership, it was agreed that this should be discussed at the next meeting.  Information to be copied to councillors with next Agenda.

g)       Northern Area Committee – next meeting on 22nd May in Retford Town Hall.  Cllr. Cable to try and attend.

h)       Church Laneham Millennium Fund – requesting monetary assistance for the Church Clock.  Letter to be acknowledged and Cllr. F. Clark will speak to Rev. Leaton about this before any decision is made.

i)         BBC – both the  projects for Remedial Work to the Churchyard Wall and the Provision of a Water Supply have been turned down for the next round of funding.

j)        Civic Service – no one available to attend this year’s service at Southwell Minster.

k)      Richmonds – seeking help on behalf of John Hayward regarding sale of  Scout Hut at Auction around 1970.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to find anything so far.  Richmonds to be advised.

l)        NALC, New Councillor Training – it was agreed that a place be booked on this course on 8th June for Cllr. Scrini.

 

11.     ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a)       Motorbikes – some problems with mini motorbikes, the police have been informed.  Concerns to be stressed in Roundabout.

b)       Village Signs – some thought could be given to improvements, i.e. lighting, colour or adding flower troughs to bases.  To be discussed again.

c)       Parish Plan – some items to look at for feasibility study – multipurpose sports court, footpath map, Post Office.

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 10 p.m.