LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 20.04.09 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.

PRESENT: Councillors G. Scrini, Mrs. B. Barber, P Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark, J. Cobb, PCSO Tony Ciacci, County Cllr. John Hempsall and 4 members of the public

 

APOLOGIES

Dist. Cllrs Mr. & Mrs K. Isard

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

 

POLICE REPORT

PCSO Ciacci stated that there had been two crimes reported in the last month: theft from a vehicle and vandalism to a wheelie bin.  Neither crimes have been solved.  The council were warned of diesel thefts in the area.  Tony was thanked for attending the meeting.

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 9.3.09

The minutes had been circulated before the meeting. It was proposed by Cllr Clark and seconded by Cllr Mrs. Barber, that the minutes were accurate, this was unanimously agreed.

 

5. MATTERS ARISING

a) Bridleway 25 – Laura has advised she will be responding to the points in the letter within 14 days of returning from holiday on 14th April.

b) Bus Shelter – It was agreed that the hanging baskets should be put up again in May this year.

c) Village Maintenance – Hoo Lane – looks level now but may be because it is now dry.  Will need to be inspected before next meeting to see if the work has been completed.

d) Garden at Church Laneham – No response to the letter – to be followed up with a phone call.

e) Village Signs – the third sign still to be painted.

f) Clayhough Lane – it was agreed to try and source some planings now for future repairs.  Cllr Clark to follow up.

g) Village Hall repairs – work has started.  It was noted that the meter box hinges need some repairs.  Will get the builder to have a look at this before deciding what needs done.

h) Sirens – information has now been put in Roundabout.

i) Christmas Lights – will be discussed later.

j) Planning Matters  - It was felt the reply from Mr. Armiger needed further follow up and the Chairman and Cllr Cable to draft a further letter to BDC. 

k) Insurance – alternative quote not yet received.

l) Lane Lettings – successfully let on Easter Monday  - Poor Close let for £205 and the lanes for £20.  All monies have been received.

m) Trent Vale Partnership – a video has been received, but had been returned as didn’t work, waiting for a replacement.

n) BDC Employment Land Capacity Study – form to be completed suggesting Manor Farm Site.

o) Trees  - have been pruned.  Cllr Hempsall was thanked for his input.

 

 

6.  PUBLIC DISCUSSION

No points raised that needed further discussion at this point.

 

 

7. 2008/9 ACCOUNTS AND PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

The annual accounts had been prepared and sent out with the Agenda.  Some discussion took place but no further amendments required.  The accounts were unanimously approved and signed by the Chairman.  The annual audit forms were completed ready to send for internal audit.  The Clerk was thanked for the work done on the accounts.

The following accounts were agreed for payment.

a)       Best Kept Village Competition.  After discussion it was agreed to enter.  Residents to be asked via Roundabout to help in the usual way. It is hoped that the planters and troughs will receive some sponsorship. It was also agreed to ask for the central building site area to be excluded along with the section between Laneham and Church Laneham.  The fee is £4.00  (000751)

b)       Mr Walker  £50.00  (000752)  It was agreed that Mr. Walker would do the mowing work again this year and would be given an increase of £5 per cut.  He would also be requested to do the footpath work again this year for £6 per hour.

c)       Caretaker  £341.66  (000753)

The accounts were approved for payment.

 

The Fishing Club has still not sent in their cheque.  Cllr Baines will follow up at AGM.  Clerk to advise if cheque received before then.

 

8.  CASUAL VACANCY

Two applications had been received since the last meeting.  One from Mr. Hardman and one from Mrs. Simpson-Kane.  After discussion a vote was taken with 5 votes in favour of Mrs. Simpson-Kane and one abstained.  Mrs. Simpson-Kane attended the meeting and was offered and accepted the vacancy. The necessary forms now need to be completed.  A letter to be sent to Mr. Hardman.

Cllr Cobb left the meeting.

 

9. BELL HOLT AND WHARF FOOTPATH

Information had been found in the files, which shows user forms etc have already been submitted in 1976.  A letter to be sent to NCC along with copies of the information found.

 

10. CHRISTMAS TREE/LIGHTS

A quotation for a new tree to be obtained before the next meeting.  Some new lights will be needed and a budget of £100 was allocated for this.  Volunteers were requested to help put up the lights around the 21st or 22nd November.  Cllr. Cable was thanked for his efforts with this work and was assured that help would be available.

 

LOCAL AREA STRUCTURE

The Chairman had attended the meeting at Tuxford and it was agreed that the council will request to be kept informed of future meetings, will decide whether to attend after seeing Agendas.

 

LANEHAM WEB SITE & BLOG

Mr. Spruce had informed the council during the Public Discussion of his thinking behind the site.  It is not intended to replace the Parish Web Site but should complement it.  It is intended to put village information, photos, on the site with space for comments etc.  The new site is www.laneham.info.

 

13. CORRESPONDENCE

a)       Mobile Rural Contact Point next visits 6/5, 3/6 – notices on boards.

b)       BDC Open Space Recreational Study – Chairman to complete

c)       Fledgelings – letter of thanks for donation received.

d)       Spinal Injuries – Poster for fish and Chip Supper to be put on board.

e)       BDC – Melson House – enforcement notice was served on 18th March with a compliance date of 20.2.10.

f)        RCAN – informed of fees to be charged for membership.

g)       Laneham Church Council – have received a letter of thanks for support over last year.

 

13. LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a)       Trent Vale partnership – was reminded it had been agreed to hold an event in support of the grant application.  It was agreed to hold a function in June or July, will discuss at next meeting.

b)       Parish Plan Committee – offering help with functions, it was suggested they liaise with Village Hall Committee.

c)       The Chairman has now been contacted by NCC Highways after a request for meeting about drainage at Church Laneham.

d)       Warning – Conmen in area offering gardening services at extortionate prices.  Roundabout to publish a warning.

 

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 9.00 p.m.