LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 14.12.09 at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall

PRESENT: Councillors G. Scrini, Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. C. Simpson-Kane, P. Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark, and DC Mrs Isard

 

1.  APOLOGIES

Cllr. J. Cobb, D Cllr Mr Isard, Cllr. Hempsall and the Police.

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

 

POLICE REPORT

Apologies had been sent along with a report.  There has been no reported crime in the last month.  The police hope to attend the next meeting and will bring the complete crime figures for the last two years.  The police were thanked for their contribution to the Parish Plan consultation.  Cllr Cable reported that two suspicious persons had been seen visiting properties where it was thought no one was at home.  Please be vigilant and do report any suspicious activity to the police.

 

4.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 9.11.09

The minutes had been circulated before the meeting.  It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Barber and seconded by Cllr  Mrs. Simpson-Kane, that the minutes were a true record, this was unanimously agreed.

 

5. MATTERS ARISING

a) Byways  Laura Summers has now replied that she is following up the matters raised.  It was also suggested that Laura should be advised about the slippery surface of the footbridge over the beck.

b) Footpath Bell Holt & Wharf NCC have advised that they are just awaiting a response from the Southwell diocese.  Tim Hart has advised that this is still the case but hopes to finalise this in the New Year.

c) Village Maintenance Hoo Lane the lane has now been repaired and thanks were expressed to Anglian Water. 

d) Planning disappointment was expressed that there has been no further response from Cllr Isard.  Mrs Isard to report back to him.

e) BDC Grant Scheme the Village Hall Committee has approved the siting of the storage unit.

f) British Waterways no response to second letter.     

g) BDC Street Names survey completed.

h) BDC Local Development Framework the Chairman and Cllr Cable have completed forms and sent to BDC.  Cllr Cable urged all councillors to read and respond to the document.

i) Code of Conduct Training places booked as requested.

j) Code of Conduct Complaint meeting has now been postponed until the New Year.  The councillors are not happy about this and the Chairman is going to write to Mr. Yates.

k) Christmas Fair/Lights Switch On. The Chairman reported that this had been a big success with more people than ever before turning out for carols round the tree, and a successful fair had been held afterwards.  The new Christmas tree donated by the Shearing family has been placed in the churchyard.   Its siting has been determined by the proximity of electrical supply.  It is anticipated that the tree will not come into use until 2015.  It is likely that more lights will need to be replaced for next year.

l) Various Repairs NCC have already carried out the repairs requested.

 

6.  PUBLIC DISCUSSION

No public present

 

 

7. PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a) Cash for Poor Close  150.00  (000786)

b) Caretaker 341.66  (000787)

c) G. Scrini Temp licence for function 21.00  (000788)

d) P. Cable  Lights  44.98  (000789)

Payment proposed by Cllr Clark seconded by Cllr Mrs. Barber and agreed by all.

e) New bank mandate forms were completed as requested by the bank.

f) BDC have still not paid the Caretakers money into the bank.  Mike Hill, Finance BDC to be contacted.

 

8. OPTION4 FOR RURAL SETTLEMENTS

Cllr Cable stated that it had become evident at the consultation meeting held at East Markham that options 1, 2 and 3 did not meet the needs of villages.  Density for future development should be redefined, not be the same as for towns.  The document needs to be read by all and comments submitted.  It was noted that the policy officers had not attended the Parish Plan consultation meeting despite being invited.  Although Karen Tarburton had provided a projector.  (Sponsors and helpers for that evening were thanked)  Responding to the document was queried, as it seems the council has little or no influence on BDC decisions.  Should the response be from the council rather than individuals?  Two of the main concerns were pointed out as being the Manor Farm Development and the removal of the village envelope.  Cllr Cable offered to circulate his notes.

 

9.  ARCHIVE PROJECT

The Greek evening has raised 30-40, which was put in a village hall account.  Still need to obtain quote for the unit base.  The computer and scanner need to be secure.  It was suggested that the money offered by Cllrs Isard would go towards the purchase of the IT equipment.    Cllr Cable stated he would like to hand over the project to someone else at the next meeting.

 

PARISH PLAN AND LOCAL PLAN FOR BASSETLAW

BDC do not seem to be taking any heed of the Parish Plan.  The council needs to keep pressure on regarding planning issues that are not being responded to.  Contact should be made with the Chief Executive if no response from Cllr Isard by next meeting.

 

11.FOOTBRIDGE OVER BECK

Already dealt with.

 

12. LITTER AND DOG FOULING

Both BDC and NCC are upping the promotion of cracking down on these problems.  The council needs to call in the Dog Warden where there is persistent fouling.  To be noted in Roundabout.  Also as there is no litter picker employed at this time of year, remind everyone to make an effort and help with this problem.  Another note for Roundabout.

 

13.CORRESPONDENCE

a)        BDC advise that house adjacent to Springfield House to be known as Laneham Lodge, Main Street.  Some discussion took place as to whether this is Main Street or not.

b)       Update house name list Chairman offered to do this.

c)       NCC Budget proposals information put out for circulation.

d)       BDC Waste Collection Service respond this service is essential to villages, and strongly object to any reduction in this service.

e)       BDC new dates for bulky collections January to April received.  Also dates for Christmas collections.

f)        NCC has offered to provide 5 bags of salt.  Cllr Baines to contact to arrange for delivery.

g)       Bassetlaw NHS GP Led Health Centre now open at Manton.

h)       Various circulars made available.

 

14. LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a)       Delivery vans were reported to be speeding on Broadings Lane.  Try and obtain registration numbers and report to police if happens again.

b)       Cllr Cable stated he was disappointed by the lack of support from councillors at the consultation meeting

c)       Trentfield Farm possibility of caravans still being occupied outside the season,  Cllr Isard took note.

d)       Manor House Park   a bright light and a hedge are causing problems, also check on open gate  Chairman offered to visit.

.

 

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approx. 9.10 p.m.