LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

Monday 14 May 2012 at 7.00pm at the Village Hall, Laneham.

 

PRESENT: Parish Councillors (PCllr) Phil Baines (Chair), Fred Clark, John Cobb, David Myers

Bassetlaw District Councillors: S Isard & K Isard

In attendance:   Susan Flye (Clerk)

 

1.    APOLOGIES

Elaine Collier, Corrina Simpson- Kane

 

2.    DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

      

3.    POLICE REPORT

PC Bailey’s email reported an assault on Main Street and a Garage burglary on Main Street.  The DNA profile obtained following caravan burglaries at Church Laneham had not provided a match but would be retained on the database and checked periodically. It was also reported to the meeting that floor boards had been stolen from chalets at the back of the church yard.

 

4.    MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 16 APRIL 2012

The minutes of the meeting dated 16 April 2012 were agreed to be a true record, proposed by Fred Clark, seconded by David Myers.

 

5.    MATTERS ARISING

a.    Street lighting near the Church – light number 36 is not staying on overnight.  This has been reported to NCC.

b.    Bin for dog waste – request submitted to NCC.

c.    Village Hall roof – no progress.

d.    Diamond Jubilee – John reported interest from Megs Bar.

e.    Best Kept Village – the map for submission was discussed and updated.  The section from Melson House to Church Laneham to be added to the existing exclusions.

 

6.    PUBLIC DISCUSSION

The meeting closed at 7.15 pm for public discussion.  Several members of the public were present.

 

David Anderson Licensee of Megs Bar put forward ideas for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations including a family day on Sunday 3 June and asked if the Parish Council would support this.  As Corrina was already involved in this Phil suggested it would be best for Mr Anderson to contact her direct. 

 

The increasing number of advertising boards in the village was raised.  The Clerk has raised this subject with BDC planning department for information and possible enforcement.  Awaiting feed back.  It was noted that it sets a precedent if adverts are placed in the village notice boards.

 

A request was made that street light night time cuts should be restricted to every other light rather than all lights in the village.  The meeting agreed that the Clerk should make such a request to NCC and copy Cllr Hempsall.

 

The meeting was reminded of the Laneham Parish Plan compiled by a previous parish council and asked to bear this in mind.  Parish Councillors should all be aware – if not a copy is available via the Clerk.  Phil confirmed that the PC also has to consider Bassetlaw’s Core Strategy – a copy of which is available from him.

 

Meadow Group – Minutes of the group had previously been sent to the Chairman for feed back.  The Group propose a sensory flower bed near the notice board.  This is on Parish Council land and the Group sought permission.  No objections were raised.  The Group intend to contact residents at Tingdene to see if there is interest in being involved.  The meeting confirmed its agreement for this project to be advanced.  John Cobb offered to strim the grass in readiness.

 

The meeting re-opened at 7.25pm

 

7.    TRESPASS ON TRENTSIDE LAND – UPDATE

P Baines reported that he and CS-K had visited the site and put a laminated notice of a letter giving notice to quit on the window of the caravan and also posted one through the door.  Photographic record was made.  PB had spoken to the PCSO who would inform the appropriate people.  There is a caravan, awning and various vehicles on the land.  Lindsay District Council is aware and hopefully the notice will have the desired effect without the Parish Council becoming involved in expense.

 

8.    CLAYHOUGH LANE – REPORT FROM NOTTS COUNTY COUNCIL

NCC letter dated 14 May reported to the meeting.  A bid for funding had again been unsuccessful.  Obtaining quotes for the work in case funding should become available.  Will re-apply for funding for the 2013/14 financial year.  Meantime addressing drainage issues.  The temporary closure of the byway has expired but is being renewed and NCC intend to install gates to prevent unauthorised use of the byway.  In this respect they will be contacting people with private rights of access on Clayhough Lane to ensure continued access.  The Clerk was requested to submit details of landowners/tenants to NCC – PB to obtain contact details for Mr Spinks.

 

9.    PLAYING FIELD - to carry forward.

 

10.   YEAR END ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT COMMISSION ANNUAL RETURN

The meeting had been provided with a copy of the year end accounts at the last meeting which had been agreed.  The Clerk brought the Audit Commission Annual Return to the attention of the meeting and highlighted the accounting and annual governance statements.  These were approved by the Parish Council and P Baines, as Chair, authorised to sign the statements.  The accounts are to be audited by Mr Smith prior to the external audit by Clement Keys and are available for examination by members of the public by arrangement.

 

11.   ACCOUNTS

-      Mr M Fanthorpe                 000919                    £358.33                        Cleaning

-      Susan Flye                        000920                    £124.98                        Wage

-      F Clark                              000921                      £15.02                        JC petrol/grass cutting

-      B.A.R. & Sons Ltd             000922                   £3592.17                        Boiler etc/Village Hall

Payment of cheques proposed by Fred Clark and seconded by John Cobb.

 

BDC cheque for £250 in respect of grant from Cllrs K & S Isard passed to Clerk for banking along with cash in the sum of £283 received as rent for the Poor Close land and Lane Lettings from Mr M Strickland.

 

The meeting decided not to renew the NALC magazine subscription and felt information was available on the website.

 

12.   PLANNING MATTERS

No new issues to report.

 

8pm – John Cobb apologised and left the meeting.

 

13.   CORRESPONDENCE

The meeting was provided with and reviewed a folder of correspondence – in particular the new code of conduct being raised by BDC and the Civic Service to be held at Southwell Minster. A full correspondence list is available from the clerk on request.

 

14.   LANEHAM LAST MONTH

It was reported that the salt bin on Dunham Road at the village entrance was beyond repair due to wear and tear.  Clerk to report.

The Clerk was asked to pass on thanks to Mr Randall for his work at the village hall.

Filing cabinet for village store and council records – Cllrs Isard kindly offered to donate a redundant cabinet.

The meeting offered congratulations to Cllr Shirley Isard on her re-election.

 

THE MEETING CLOSED AT 8.02 PM