LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

Monday 13 August 2012 at 7.00pm at the Village Hall, Laneham.

 

PRESENT: Parish Councillors (PCllr) Phil Baines (Chair), Fred Clark, John Cobb, Elaine Collier,

David Myers, Gavin Sumnall

In attendance:   Susan Flye (Clerk)

 

1.    APOLOGIES

Corrina Simpson- Kane, BDC Councillors K & S Isard, PC Bailey

 

2.    DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

      

3.    POLICE REPORT

The Clerk provided Crime Figures for East Bassetlaw for the period April to June 2012 compared with the previous year and reported that the official website – www.police.uk – showed 0 incidents and 0 outcomes for Laneham. PB reported theft of oil from a property on Main Street in the daytime.

 

4.    MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 9 July 2012

The minutes of the meeting dated 9 July 2012 were agreed to be a true record, proposed by Elaine Collier, seconded by Fred Clark

 

5.    MATTERS ARISING

a     Advertising boards – NCC Highways reported that this had been dealt with.  Any further problems should be reported directly to them.

b.    Village Hall roof – Phil Baines is dealing with this.

c.    Filing cabinet for village store – PB had collected and would move to store.

d.    Grass cutting – Mr Walker had previously invoiced for 3 cuts in June – dates subsequently confirmed as 29 May, 12 & 26 June.  LPC had also been invoiced for 3 cuts -  3, 13 and 23 July.  Clerk requested to query the cuts on 3 and 13 July as it was agreed that the land was flooded from before 7 July for over a week.  Total invoiced £180 - £60 paid at last meeting, The Clerk was authorised to raise a cheque for £60 for the 29 May and 23 July cuts only and to query the other dates.

       It was agreed that the parish council needed to be notified when the grass was cut to avoid confusion in the future.

e.    Street lighting – no 36 near the Church should now remain on all night.  FC to confirm.  The request for all street lighting to remain on throughout the night had been acknowledged by NCC.  The request had been passed to the Director of Highway and concerns would be raised with the Police.  The 6 month review runs from April to September 2012.

f.     Dog fouling/waste bin – It was confirmed that an additional bin had been installed on Broadings Lane but the problem continues. Clerk requested to obtain leaflets for house to house distribution.

g.    Clerk confirmed that a replaced grit bin had been requested for Dunham Road corner.

h.    Clayhough Lane – no further report from NCC and gate not installed. Motor cycles continue to use the lane.  Clerk to follow up.

i.     Springfield planning application – how long is the caravan to be there? Councillors to monitor.  Clerk to enquire of planning department.

j.     Footpath to Dunham – the meeting noted that the hedge had been cut.

k.    Hedge on corner near the bus shelter had been removed – resolving the problem of visibility.

 

6.    PUBLIC DISCUSSION

No members of the public present.

 

7.    NEW CODE OF CONDUCT AND REGISTER OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS

The meeting unanimously agreed to adopt the NALC Code of Conduct. Parish Councillors were reminded to sign and return the register of members’ interests issued at the last meeting.  Gavin Sumnall signed the acceptance of office declaration.

 

8.    ACCOUNTS

-      Mr M Fanthorpe                 000934                    £358.33          Cleaning

-      Susan Flye                        000935                    £116.65          Wage

-      Clement Key                      000936                    £162.00          Audit Fee

-      K Walker                           000937                      £60.00          Grass cutting

-      Laneham Parochial Church Council

                                               000938                    £100.00          Donation ex Angling Club

                                               000939                    £700.00          Graveyard Maintenance

                                               000940                    £600.00          Contribution towards Ministry

-      F Clark                              000941                      £29.82          Petrol for grass cutting – J Cobb.

 

Payment of cheques proposed by Fred Clark and seconded by Elaine Collier.

 

Fred Clark requested that Gavin Sumnall be added to the bank mandate to sign cheques.  Clerk to organise.

 

David Myers presented an invoice from Nottingham Sleeper Co Ltd in the sum of £252 in respect of sleepers for the Meadow Group sensory garden at Church Laneham.  The Parish Council had not agreed this payment at the May meeting when the sensory garden was discussed and concern was expressed.  Gavin Sumnall noted that sleepers could have been obtained at a much cheaper rate.

 

The Clerk reported that the Angling Club had settled the outstanding invoice of £250 in respect of angling rights on the River Trent in respect of the year 2011 – 12. The Club apologised for the late payment. The Clerk was requested to raise an invoice for the year 2012 – 13.

 

NatWest on-line banking problems had now been resolved and Nat West had paid £115 into the current account as compensation for the inconvenience and additional hours incurred by the Clerk.

 

Audit – Clement Keys noted that the fixed asset value of the Memorial Hall had been increased in the accounts in line with the insurance valuation.  They commented that “For the purposes of the [Audit Commission] Annual Return fixed assets should be added to the register at cost and should remain at this value until disposal.” The Clerk was therefore instructed to change the figure of total fixed assets.  This change was initialled on the Annual Return by the Clerk and P Baines.  The LPC accounts were to be similarly amended – CS-K to sign at next meeting.

 

9.    PLANNING MATTERS

None

 

10.   CORRESPONDENCE

The Clerk provided a file of correspondence – a list is available on request. Elaine Collier agreed to review the file.  The Clerk highlighted:

- Email from C Longbottom was circulated updating the Parish Council on work planned by the Village Hall Committee.

- Email from C Longbottom regarding the necessary certificate for the boiler work recently undertaken.  P Baines to speak to the plumber.

(David Myers apologised and left the meeting at 8.05pm.)

- Email from Hazel Brand, BDC District Councillor with responsibility for Rural Affairs.  Clerk was instructed to notify the Parish Council’s main concerns are dog fouling, street lighting and policing.

- NALC AGM Wednesday 14 November.  Volunteer delegate for LPC required.

- BDC developing relationships with Parish Councils

- BDC Anti poverty strategy consultation.

- BDC – Civic Service at Worksop Priory.  No-one available.

 

13.   LANEHAM LAST MONTH

-      corner of Broadings Lane and Main Street – the new road surface is not level at the junction.

-      Complaint from Mr M Strickland that NCC had cut the grass on the verges on Rampton Road which he paid to let. Highways should only cut one width at the verge. Clerk to report to Highways.

-      Top Town Bridge grass requires cutting and strimming in between the posts.  Gavin Sumnall offered to do this tidying up.  Clerk to contact NCC as felt it was their responsibility for the future.

-      Trees under Wharf Road.  One of the willows is reported as rotten.  Tree Surgeon had previously advised work would be necessary.  Clerk to contact.

-      Fly tipping on Shortleys Lane – Clerk to report to BDC.

 

THE MEETING CLOSED AT 8.29 PM