LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

Monday 12 December 2011 at 7.00pm at the Village Hall, Laneham.

PRESENT: Parish Councillors (PCllr) Fred Clark, John Cobb, Elaine Collier, David Myers (Chair),

In attendance:   Susan Flye (Clerk)

 

1.    APOLOGIES

Parish Councillors:  P Baines, C Simpson- Kane

Bassetlaw District Councillors: K Isard, S Isard

 

 

2.    DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

David Myers in respect of the Manor House Caravan Park planning application and Fred Clarke in respect of the St Peter’s Church planning application

      

 

3.    POLICE REPORT

PC Bill Bailey was unable to attend the meeting, but reported there were no crimes recorded for the period from the last meeting to 10 December 2011.

 

 

4.    MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 14 November 2011

The minutes were agreed to be a true record, proposed by John Cobb, seconded by Fred Clark.

 

 

5.    MATTERS ARISING

a.    Code of Conduct: The Clerk confirmed that BDC’s Monitoring Officer was unable to attend the meeting and a date was to be agreed in the New Year.

b.    Plaque for bus shelter – remains outstanding.

c.    Village Hall ridge tile repairs.  FC noted that this work remained outstanding and the Clerk was asked to write to Mr Jason Oakes.

 

 

SF

 

PB

 

SF

6.    PUBLIC DISCUSSION 7.10  pm

The meeting was immediately re-opened as no villagers were present and no matters raised.

 

 

 

 

7.    CLAYHOUGH LANE (NCC REPORT)

The meeting noted the report from Laura Summers.  The temporary closure of the lane has expired and NCC are considering their options.  Funding has not been available for repairs to-date and an application for funding is being made for the 2012/13 financial year.

 

The meeting noted that 4x4 vehicles were again using the lane and further damage is inevitable.  EC questioned why NCC could not do a simple repair eg hardcore, this would be more satisfactory than waiting for large scale work.  The meeting felt that NCC did not want to act and the report was unsatisfactory.

 

The Clerk was asked to write to NCC to ask for the lane to be closed until repairs were undertaken.  Questions were raised as to why the lane is a by-way rather than a footpath.  DM and EC raised the issue of damage to the flood bank -  4x4 vehicles are being allowed to drive over the flood bank causing serious damage.  The Clerk to raise this with NCC and the Environment Agency. Concerns were also raised as to liability if someone is injured because of the poor state of the lane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

8.    GRANTS/FUNDING – Community Consultation Training

In CS-K’s absence this was left over to the next meeting.  PCllrs were reminded of available training dates - 25 January at Ollerton and 1st February at Epperstone.

 

 

CS-K

9.    VILLAGE HALL HEATING, REPAIRS UPDATE & INSURANCE

In PB’s absence there was no update in respect of the above. The heating upgrade is understood to be in hand.

 

EC confirmed that NCC had acknowledged receipt of the grant application for funding towards the heating system which would be considered for the 2012/13 year.  No indication has been given as to the value of funding that could be available.

 

 

 

 

 

10.   THE QUEEN’S DIAMOND JUBILEE

FC confirmed that this matter was raised at the Church Council meeting.  The proposal is to hold a special service of thanksgiving on the evening of the Jubilee to be followed by refreshments.  The Church Council felt unable to assist with the lighting of a beacon.

 

Consideration to be given to other possible locations for a beacon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

11.   PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

Following the notice board advert and inclusion in “Roundabout” there had been no interest shown in applying for the parish councillor vacancy.  PCllrs agreed to continue to encourage interest.  It was noted that 12 months residency was required.

 

 

 

ALL

 

12.   PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

                                                                                Chq no

-      Parish Clerk Susan Flye                      £116.65     000895         salary to 12.12.11

-      Parish Clerk Susan Flye                        £29.03     000896         expenses

-      M Fanthorpe                                      £358.33     000897         December cleaning

-      Laneham Parochial Church Council        £50.00     000898         Donation re Christmas lights

-      Laneham Parochial Church Council      £125.00     000899         Donation received from Laneham Boat & Ski Club

The above proposed for payment by Fred Clark, seconded by John Cobb.

 

The Clerk noted that a Charity Commission Annual Return was to be completed in respect of the Poors Land.

 

On-line banking – as discussed at the last meeting the Clerk brought paperwork for signature by PCllrs for their authority to conduct on line banking with Nat West. 

 

JC apologised and left the meeting at 8pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

13.   PLANNING MATTERS

a.    Planning Policy – site allocations issues and options – left over to next meeting in PB absence.

 

b.    Core Strategy Workshop – PCllrs had been emailed details of this “crash course” in how to use the Core Strategy.  EC volunteered to attend and the Clerk was asked to reserve 2 places for the workshop at Retford Town Hall on 18 or 25 January.

 

c.    Manor House Caravan Park – siting of park home for use as park managers accommodation.  DM declared a personal interest – being the park manager – and after a brief discussion left the room while the vote took place.  All present agreed not to object to the proposal. Clerk to report to BDC.

 

d.    St Peter’s Church – erect gates to church doorway.  FC, as a member of the Church Council, answered general queries raised.  All present agreed not to object to the proposal. Clerk to report to BDC.

 

It was noted that PCllrs had been provided with notes to aid accessing planning applications on the BDC website in advance of meetings.

 

 

PB

 

 

SF

 

 

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

 

 

 

ALL

 

14.   CORRESPONDENCE

A correspondence folder was presented to the meeting.

1.         NCC – 2012/13 Budget Consultation

2.         BDC – Polling District & Polling Places Review 2011

3.         Victim Support

4.         NCC – Travel and Transport Briefing

5.         Insignia UK – Diamond Jubilee Commemorative items. 

6.         Notts Healthcare – Minutes of Community Forum meeting 20 October 2011

7.         RCAN Heating Oil

8.         Landscape & Amenity product update October 2011

 

A request was received from S Scrini as editor of Roundabout to receive either a copy of the unadopted minutes of the parish council meeting or a short report.  The meeting noted this was already in hand and that a report was included in the last edition of Roundabout. The Clerk to confirm and request a list of monthly deadlines.

 

The Clerk highlighted the “Freedom of Information” folder created for Laneham Parish in 2009 which required updating.  Enquiries to be made regarding a copy available for the public in the village hall?  In particular is was noted that the Parish Council’s Standing Orders were included within this folder and the Clerk handed an individual copy to the PCllrs present for their consideration and retention  and will forward a copy to absentees.  This will be on the agenda for the next meeting and the Clerk will highlight significant items.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SF

 

 

 

SF

 

 

 

SF

15.   LANEHAM LAST MONTH

FC raised problems relating to the public footpath at Ferry Lane. This was the subject of an enquiry by NCC and it was agreed that the Clerk should write to L Summers of NCC confirming that the Parish Council were in agreement to the erection of a public footpath sign at both ends of Ferry Lane.

 

Potholes in Main Street from the War Memorial towards the bridge were reported. Clerk asked to report to NCC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SF

The meeting closed at 8.06pm