LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

Monday 12 November 2012 at 7.00pm at the Village Hall, Laneham.

 

PRESENT: Parish Councillors (PCllr) Phil Baines (Chair), Fred Clark, John Cobb, Elaine Collier,

Gavin Sumnall.  David Myers (part).  In attendance:  Susan Flye (Clerk)

BDC Councillors K Isard & S Isard

 

1.    APOLOGIES

Notts County Councillor J Hempsall

 

2.    DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

G Summers declared his interest in the planning application for Brunnen House.

 

G. Sumnall and J Cobb gave notice to the meeting that they had to leave early. As D Myers was also nor present the Chairman took the decision to prioritise the agenda while the majority of councillors were available.

 

PUBLIC DISCUSSION

The Chairman closed the meeting in order that items from 2 members of the public could be raised.

Mr Cable – Christmas lights. Concern that the lighting-up date had been changed without reference.  Outlined arrangements for the safe storage of the lights in the new year.  Request for additional help, P Baines felt this was likely to fall on parish councillors.  Mr Cable also enquired about the deadline for requesting further funding for the lights as information would not be available until well after the lights are taken down.  The Clerk to confirm arrangements.

 

Mr John Ogle was given the opportunity to introduce himself as the candidate for the NCC County Council elections in May 2013, replacing Cllr John Hempsall who is retiring. He also highlighted a petition to BDC in respect of the reduction and future withdrawal of the concurrent grant.  The Clerk circulated a copy of the draft petition for discussion.

 

3.    POLICE REPORT

PC Bailey unable to attend the meeting. Correspondence from the Police re “Safer Neighbourhoods” was circulated, which details Police priorities in East Bassetlaw and action against these.

 

4.    MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 8 OCTOBER 2012

The minutes of the meeting dated 8 October 2012 were agreed to be a true record, proposed by John Cobb and seconded by Fred Clark.

 

5.    CASUAL VACANCY

The resignation of Corrina Simpson-Kane has been notified to BDC who issued notices for public display advertising the casual vacancy.  This gave the right to claim an election if 10 electors gave notice to BDC.  The closing date for applications was 7 November 2012, BDC have not confirmed but to-date this request has not been made.  PCllrs were not aware of any interest in the vacancy and the Clerk was asked to advertise again in “Roundabout”.

 

6.    VICE CHAIR VACANCY

PCllrs had been asked to register their interest in the position prior to the meeting.  PB confirmed that Elaine Collier was willing to stand as Vice Chair, this proposal was seconded by F Clark and unanimously agreed.

 

7.    PROPOSAL TO HOLD 11 PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS A YEAR, AND ANNUAL MEETING

The meeting discussed F Clark’s proposal to not hold a parish council meeting in January.  Concern was raised regarding the discussions for the precept submission to BDC but it was agreed this would be an item on the December agenda.  Clerk to inform the meeting of the relevant deadlines.  The Annual Meeting would be held on the second Monday in May 2013.

 

8.    PLANNING

The BDC website confirmed that the planning applications reviewed at the last meeting – caravans at Trentfield Farm and development at Manor Farm – had been granted, along with the application to build a bungalow on land adjoining Springfield Lodge, Main St.  The meeting considered a naming application for the new property to be known as Falcon View.  No objections raised.

 

The Clerk apologised to the meeting as the deadline for objections to the Brunnen House planning application for the erection of an external chimney and porch had been overlooked and permission had already been granted by BDC.  The meeting raised no objections.

 

P Baines drew the meetings attention to a proposed application by Mr & Mrs Smith at North House, however this was not for discussion until such time as a formal application is received from BDC.

 

9.    MATTERS ARISING

i)     Register of Members Interests.  The Clerk circulated guidelines issued by BDC who had instructed that home addresses were to be entered on the register under the interest in land section.  The Clerk highlighted the fact that failure to register interests correctly could result in police action.

ii)     Trentside Meadow – G Scrini is unable to attend the meeting due to holiday but confirmed that a successful dock pull had been held.  He is to forward a copy of the Group’s latest minutes on his return.

iii)    Street Lighting – NCC had acknowledged the Clerk’s latest email request and confirmed that this is under consideration.

iv)    Clayhough Lane – no further news from NCC.  It was reported to the meeting that a new sign had been erected and D Myers confirmed that the nuisance of inconsiderate 4xwheel drivers continued to be a problem.

v)    Village Hall roof- nothing further to report.  D Myers offered to enquire for suitable roofer contacts.

vi)    Dog fouling – no improvement.  G Sumnall offered to distribute some of the BDC leaflets.

vii)   Yellow grit bin on Dunham Road – still not in place.  P Baines confirmed that grit is available for village use from his property and also at the rear of the village hall.

viii)  Village Hall central heating – on-going problems noted.  P Baines to speak to plumber.

ix)    Village name signs - G Sumnall understood the cost of these to be in the region of £1,000.  GS to provide details to the Clerk.

 

J Cobb and G Sumnall left the meeting.

 

x)    DN22 Gardening – work pruning trees on the river bank had been delayed due to weather/ground conditions and likely damage caused to the land gaining access.

 

10.   ACCOUNTS

-      Mr M Fanthorpe                 000954                    £358.33          Cleaning

-      Susan Flye                        000955                    £110.40          Wage

 

Payment of cheques proposed by Phil Baines and seconded by Fred Clark.  PB had decided against attending the NALC Chairmanship Training course and the cheque is to be cancelled.

 

11.   CORRESPONDENCE

The Clerk provided a list and file of correspondence – copy of the list is available on request. E Collier agreed to review the file.  In particular the Clerk highlighted: - Ambulance Service survey by BDC (issued to all), Parliamentary constituency review, NCC budget consultation.

 

12.   LANEHAM LAST MONTH

- Fred Clark tendered his resignation as a Trustee of the Poor Close Charity after over 25 years of service.  The meeting thanked Fred for his services and it was agreed to place the item on the agenda for the next meeting.

- P Baines asked the Clerk to forward appreciation to the Cleansing Dept for prompt action to remove waste dumped in the layby on Laneham Road.

- Puddle at Church Laneham outside Manor Park – the Clerk was asked to again bring this to the attention of Highways.  After heavy rain the flooding is liable to cause an accident.

- Main Street – following the road surfacing work it was noted that the road is now very slippery and is considered unsafe for horses following a recent incident.  The Clerk was asked to report to NCC.

- A caravan at Manor Park has been burgled while unoccupied.

 

THE MEETING CLOSED AT 8.32 PM