LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 12th March, 2007 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr G. Scrini, Councillors Mrs. B. Barber, P Baines, P Cable, F. Clark, and J. Cobb and 3 members of the public

 

The Chairman suggested Item 10 on the Agenda be brought forward to item 5 this was agreed.

 

1.       APOLOGIES

Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

      None

 

3.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 12th February

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting.  Cllr. F. Clark proposed that the minutes were a correct record of the meeting.  This was seconded by Cllr. J. Cobb and unanimously agreed.

 

4.       MATTERS ARISING

a)       Manor House – Letter acknowledged by BDC.  Cllr Cable to contact to make appointment.

b)       Village Hall – Mr. Weston to be contacted again now he is back from holiday.

c)       Bridleway 25 – Eddie Brennen to be contacted again re signposts etc.

d)       Land Registry – the deeds for the hall have been sent in.  The Chairman is following up the Statutory Declarations etc.

e)       Bus Shelter – letter received from Appletree Developments concerning rebuild of shelter.  There is an obvious massive difference between what they expect it will cost to rebuild the shelter and what Notts CC suggested it would cost.  It is considered that the NCC offer was unreasonable and not a fair deal.  After some discussion it was agreed to come back to this after public discussion.  More quotes will be needed both for the drawings and the building.  No reply from Rampton Hospital regarding repair of the other shelter.

f)        BBC Project Church Wall – now waiting for permission from Southwell.

g)       Web Site  - no changes at present.

h)       Parish Plan – the junior questionnaire had a 100% response.  First draft of document now ready for discussion.  Another meeting to be held before Easter – arranged for 24th March 2 – 4 p.m. in village hall.  Grant request needs to be prepared.  Support from councillors and residents requested.  Cllr Cable stated no support equals no plan.

i)        Christmas Tree Lights – new lamps have been priced and it was agreed to make available £25 for these in September.  It was also agreed to allocate £100 to replace the lights at Church Laneham.

j)        Police – apology received for late response, but are unable to attend next two meetings.  June meeting to be suggested.

k)      Vandalism – a good example of how well parents are cooperating occurred recently.  After some youngsters caused problems in the village hall grounds, and parents had been informed, the youngsters were back to apologise soon afterwards.

l)        Spring Clean – date agreed as 20th April meeting at 6.00 at the Bus Shelter – support needed.

m)     NALC Northern Area Committee - the Chairman had attended the meeting.  The minutes have now been received.

n)       NCC Village Maintenance – Mr. Statham has advised that the village will be inspected shortly, and all the items we have listed will be looked at. It was pointed out that the two new lamps are now working but not as bright as the others.  Mr. Statham to be advised. It is to be requested that 2 councillors can be included in the inspection.

o)       Ditch at Manor House – Tingdene have informed us there is no actual ditch, but the water just sits there.  This to be added to NCC list.

p)       Hoo Lane – Anglian Water has apologised for the state of Hoo Lane and has promised to reinstate it with 10 days.

q)       Lottery Funding – it has been confirmed that village lottery funding should not be affected by the Olympic funding.

 

5.       TRENTFIELD LANE

Concern was expressed about the width of the new gate,  Eddie Brennen to be contacted to find out the reason for the gate.  The public notices were removed within a short time of being put up.  It needs to be stressed that all the signs should be in place before the summer season starts. 

 

The meeting was closed for public discussion, after which it was reopened and the following needed further discussion.

6.       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

a)       Bus Shelter – The developer had talked about his letter.  He has confirmed there will be a gap between the nearest house and the shelter; this will be the responsibility of the house owner.  Two further quotes to be requested for drawing up the plans.  The developer has agreed to donate the roof tiles.  Cllr. F. Clark to request the electricity supply to the shelter is made safe.

b)       Cistern in hall toilets – it was reported that this is always running.  However the council agreed there are more important things that need to be attended to first.

c)       Web Site – there have been some problems but these are being rectified as soon as possible.

d)       Church Clock – responsibility of the Church.  May be able to support later on.

e)       Broadings Lane – potholes reported.  It was pointed out that there are planings on the lane for the residents to fill in any holes.

f)        Helenships Lane Damage – the Chairman thanked Mr Hardman for offering to complete the repair of the damage done by a lorry recently.

 

7.     PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       Clerk  £313.90  (000633)

b)       Caretaker £350   (000634)

c)       The VAT refund of £449 .50 has been received.

The current Financial Statement was issued and donations discussed.  It was agreed to give £350 to the Churchyard Maintenance Fund but that no other donations could be made at this time.

d) Churchyard Fund £350  (0006350)

The Chairman proposed the accounts be approved for payment; this was seconded by Cllr. B. Barber and agreed.

 

8.  VILLAGE PLAYGROUND

Cllr Baines reported that if the council do take it on it needs to be made safe with fencing and a gate.  HSE issues are involved.  Grants will be needed for equipment, which should be easier to obtain with the backing of a Parish Plan.  Cllr. Baines and Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark will discuss the lease before the next meeting.

 

9.  VILLAGE MAINTENANCE

A list needs to be compiled before the next meeting of what needs to be done.  The Chairman and Cllr J. Cobb will look at this.  Cllr. Cobb was thanked for the work he has already done at the Stokeham Road entrance to the village.  Need to advertise for a Street Cleaner – ad to be put in Roundabout. 

 

10.  LANE LETTINGS

Will take place on Easter Monday at 9.00 a.m. in the village hall.  Tenders can be sent to the Clerk or handed in at the hall.  Notices to be placed in Roundabout and on notice boards.  Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark to be asked to chair the meeting.

 

11.  CORRESPONDENCE

a)       NCC Draft Rights of Way Plan – the Chairman to complete the questionnaire.

b)       Audit Commission – have confirmed that Hacker Young will complete the audit again this year unless there are any objections.  There were none.

c)       BDC – informed of house named as Lakinwell, Main Street – no need to respond to this.

d)       St. Georges Day – villages are being asked to celebrate this.

 

 

 

 

 

12. LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a)       Children – nothing for the youngsters to do.  One suggestion of a drop in centre at the village hall was put forward.  This would need support of parents and the council.  It was suggested that this could be take a step further and open a general community cafι once a month or fortnight.

b)       Chapel – could this be turned into a community archive?   The council were informed that this is privately owned.

c)       Manhole Cover – outside Brunnen House appears to have sunk.  To be added to Mr. Statham’s list.

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 9.50 p.m.