LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 12th June, 2006 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr. George Scrini, Councillors Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. A. Clark, P. Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark and 2 members of the public.

 

 

1.       APOLOGIES

County Councillor John Hempsall and Cllr. J. Cobb

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

       None

 

3.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 8.5.06 and 18.5.06

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting.  Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark proposed that they were a correct record of the meeting.  This was seconded by Cllr. F. Clark and unanimously agreed.

 

4.  MATTERS ARISING

a)       Village Hall – Grant applications have been received; these were passed to the Chairman to have a look through to see if he thought the project would qualify.  If it turns out that neither scheme is suitable, then the work should be put in hand and paid for out of funds.  It was also suggested an electricity safety check should be done; however the Village Hall Committee seems to have this in hand.

b)       BBC Project – project seems to have started and stopped.  Concerns that the project is not turning out as expected.  Nic Wort to be contacted to arrange a site meeting with councillors.

c)       Culvert –NCC have now confirmed that the culvert will be cleaned out.

d)       Bridleway 25 –  No further word from the Inspector regarding the status of Wharf Road.

e)       Bus Shelter –  in response to the council’s concern about the condition of the shelter NCC have inspected the building and closed it pending a decision on repairs.

f)   Footpath Sweeper – Alex has started work, in view of the BKVC it was agreed to ask Alex to work an extra 5 hours in June.

g)   Trentfield Lane/Wharf Road – Mr. Hardman has now paid the £1713.12 due to the council.

h)   Lane Lettings -  all the accounts have now been paid.

i)        BBC Meeting at Thoresby – if Cllr Mrs. A. Clark cannot attend Cllr. F. Clark will go instead.

j)        Northern Area Committee -  Cllr Cable had attended the meeting and found it interesting and informative.  He recommended that each councillor try to attend a meeting. 

k)      Church Clock – Cllr F. Clark said it would seem that now the clock is on the Church it is the responsibility of the Church Council, as the Parish Council already contributes to Church funds it was felt no extra contribution was necessary/

l)        Richmonds – efforts are still being made to find information re the old village hall, Cllr. F. Clark is to try and locate old records that may be in the loft of the Village Hall.

m)     New Councillor Training -  The Chairman had attended the meeting on 8th June and found the meeting very useful.

 

The meeting was closed for Public Discussion after which it was reopened and the following discussed.

 

5.   PUBLIC DISCUSSION

a)       Best Kept Village – the suggestion that Laneham and Church Laneham enter separately was not agreed. Church Laneham is not a separate parish and the two will remain as one village entry.

b)       BBC Project – it was accepted that maybe there had been a lack of information, but in future communications would be improved.

 

 

 

6.        PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       Poor Close – Trustees requested £25.00 (000603)

b)       L Sinclair – Web Domain £14.98 (000604)

c)       Laneham Church  - £125 passed on from Boat Club (000605)

d)       Caretaker - £333.33 (000606)

e)       A. Clark – Footpath Sweeper £35.00 (000607) (Cllr Mrs. A. Clark declared an Interest)

The Boat Club has paid their donation for the use of Bell Holt & Wharf

Mr. Strickland has paid the Poor Close rent.

Mr. J. Hardman paid £2 for a copy of the 2005/6 accounts.

Cllr F. Clark proposed the accounts are paid and Cllr Mrs. Barber seconded this and these were approved.

 

7.       LAND REGISTRATION

The pros and cons of registering the land were discussed.   No decision reached and the Chairman took away information to read.

 

8.       BRITISH WATERWAYS, TRENTVALE LANDSCAPE PARTNERSHIP

The information had been circulated with the Agenda.  After discussion it was agreed there was an interest in a mooring like the one at Dunham.  It was decided to ask a representative of the partnership to come and speak to the council and to ask for recommendations of a site etc.

 

9.       PARISH PLAN

Cllr. Cable said tickets were now available for the Australian evening, some concessionary tickets would be available for pensioners and children.  The event will be held at North House on 15th July.  The committee is working towards a public consultation at the end of July and a questionnaire to be distributed in August.  It was suggested that the semi-permanent visitors are included.   The Main Issues log is almost complete. Cllr Cable received support for the children’s amenities. The next meeting is 14th June.

 

10.    PLANNING MATTERS

The apparent change of use of the field next to Melson House was discussed.  No planning application has been received.  It was agreed to contact BDC to check this out.  It was also agreed to ask BDC what the current situation is regarding the 106 agreement for Trentfield Farm Caravan Site.

 

11.    BEST KEPT VILLAGE COMPETITION

First round judging will take place before the end of June.  Some problem areas were identified.  The hedge alongside the pavement on Dunham Road needs cutting, the Chairman to contact the owner.  The public footpaths need cutting – Laura to be contacted regarding these.  Other areas needing attention are the Church corner, the toilet grounds, Village Hall grounds, Dunham Road junction and the new bus shelter still needs repaired.  NCC to be asked if they can take on the grass cutting that Mr. Holloway used to do.  Letters of thanks to go to Orchard Nursery for the plants and Mr. Holloway for the grass cutting. 

 

12.  CORRESPONDENCE

a)       BDC Parish Councils liaison Group – next meeting on 19th July at Worksop Town Hall.

b)       NRCC AGM – 1st November at Rolleston Village Hall

c)       BDC Cabinet meeting – next one on 27th June at Tuxford Methodist Church Schoolroom.

d)       NALC- invitation to Community Leadership Seminar.

e)       BDC – Planning Application, Glendower, appeal to be held on 9th August at 10 a.m. in Retford Town Hall.

 

13.  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a)       Reports of youths causing damage and attempting to damage or steal hanging baskets and planters, moving garden furniture, breaking bottles and being noisy.  The police to be informed and asked if there can be more police presence in the village, especially on weekends.

b)       A card to be sent to Peter Beresford who is in hospital following a fall at home.

c)       Various circulars were made available to the councillors.

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 9.25 p.m.