LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 11th September, 2006 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr. George Scrini, Councillors Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. A. Clark,  P. Cable, F. Clark, J. Cobb, Dist. Cllr K. Isard and 9 members of the public.

 

 

1.       APOLOGIES

Cllr. Mr. P. Baines, County Cllr J. Hempsall

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

      None

 

3.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 7th AUGUST

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting.  Cllr. F. Clark proposed that they were a correct record of the meeting.  This was seconded by Cllr. Mrs. B. Barber and unanimously agreed.

 

4.  MATTERS ARISING

a)       Manor House – item 6a was brought forward so that Cllr. Isard could be involved in the discussion, as he had to leave early.  Cllr. Isard had made enquiries and handed the Chairman copies of the relevant paperwork from 1951 to the present day regarding planning applications, approvals and refusals on this site.  This paperwork shows that there is only permission for the site to be occupied between March and October, not full 12 month residential.

b)       Village Hall – the work on the roof has been completed.  Cllr. F. Clark stated that he thought that the hall might soon need major repairs.  It was agreed to contact the builders to see what other work may need done in the near future.

c)       BBC Project – a meeting had taken place on 19th August.  The wildflower meadow was discussed and BBC provided some estimates of what it might cost to implement this and to maintain it.  The figures are very high and it is thought some grants may be available from the Notts. Wildlife Trust.  The Chairman is to meet with them to discuss this.  Mr. Hardman had made an offer re. the cutting of the grass, the Chairman is to follow this up.

d)       Bridleway 25 – a further notice has been received from the Planning Inspectorate re. the status of Wharf Road.  Eddie Brennen, Definitive Map Officer has also replied and informed the council that the right of way along Trentfield Lane exists by virtue of the Laneham Inclosure Award but has yet to be recorded on the Definitive Map.  However, the right of way will be sign posted as soon as the modifications are approved.

e)       BDC Playing Field – the council have been asked to put in writing the request for a 25-year lease on the playing field, this has now been done.

f)        Land Registry -  information is still being gathered by the Chairman and Clerk to submit the application form.  Some nominal values to be included in the form.  Once all the information is to hand a draft submission will be made.

g)       Parish Plan -  Cllr. Cable informed the meeting that the questionnaires are almost ready.  Rob Fitzsimons has offered to print the forms which will be distributed around 30th September with a covering letter.  A volunteer is needed to test the questionnaire, Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark offered to do this.  A social evening has been organised for the 3rd week in October – an Octobofest.  This will be by invitation only.

h)       Planning, Trentfield Caravan Site – the response from NCC was read to the meeting.  NCC had not followed through the 106 Agreement because they thought, as Mr. Hardman has not responded, the application had been withdrawn.  NCC is now following this up.

i)        Trees – letter acknowledged but no response from the Tree Warden as yet.

j)        Bus Shelter – NCC have e-mailed the Chairman with the costs of repairing and also demolishing the shelter.  They have quoted £7000 to demolish the shelter which the council thinks is enough to rebuild the shelter.  The Chairman to contact NCC to see if they would be willing to give the council the £7000 in the form of a grant to deal with this themselves.

 

Cllr Isard left the meeting.

 

The meeting was closed for Public Discussion after which it was reopened and the following discussed further.

 

5.   PUBLIC DISCUSSION

a)       Manor House Caravan Park – several residents at the site once again attended the meeting and raised their concerns.  It was reiterated that the information they are being given by Tingdene seems to be incorrect.  It was agreed to write to Tingdene and advise them of the situation.  A petition from the residents was accepted for safekeeping, and would be submitted to BDC with the council’s comments should any planning application be received.

Cllr Cobb left the meeting.

b)  Mooring – a query regarding the position of this had also been raised.  The council confirmed that no decisions had yet been made about this.

 

6.  PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       Alex Clark  - July  £35.00  (000609)  Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark declared an interest)

b)       Alex Clark – August  £35.00  (000612)  Cllr Mrs. A. Clark declared an interest)

c)       M. Whate & Son – Roof Repairs  £1904.44 (000614)

d)       Caretaker - £333.33 (000613)

e)       Clerk’s Fee - £313.93  (000615)

The accounts were discussed, after which Cllr. Cable proposed that the accounts were paid, Cllr. Mrs. Barber seconded this and this was unanimously agreed.

 

7. VILLAGE MAINTENANCE

Cllr Cable spoke of his concerns regarding future village maintenance, including grass cutting, gutter cleaning etc.  This was discussed, after which it was agreed that Cllrs. Cable and Scrini would discuss where the gaps were and what can be done to fill these gaps.  This to be done before the end of the year, before the Precept is submitted for 2007/8

 

8.        CORRESPONDENCE

a)       Focus on Young People in Bassetlaw – information passed to Cllr. Mrs. Clark.

b)       Northern Area Committee – tonight, clashed with this meeting.

c)       Mr. Willoughby – query re caravan parked on land adjacent to Frogs Leap.  (Cllr. Mrs. Barber declared an interest)  It was ascertained that the caravan is not for human habitation and no planning application as been received. Mr. Willoughby to be advised.

d)       NALC – AGM 15th November at Southwell, - no one able to attend.

e)       NRCC – Training for councillors – Cllr Cable took the information to consider.

f)        NALC – Long Service Awards – nobody eligible at this time.

g)       Rampton Hospital – Forum Meeting, 26th September – no one able to attend.

h)       CPRE Best Kept Village Comp.  – Plumtree had won the category in which Laneham entered.

i)        Bluebell Wood Hospice – donations will be considered at the end of the financial year.

j)        West Lindsey Community Statement – latest information received.

k)      BDC Annual Civic Service – no one able to attend.

l)        BDC – Return of the Cannon – information provided.

m)     Environment Agency – information re flooding has been sent to the Chairman.

 

9.  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a)       Bin at Moor Lane – has now been returned to its correct place.

b)       Church Laneham Sign – still not replaced.  NCC to be contacted.

c)       Notes Building Preservation – Cllr. F. Clark enquired if membership is still in place.  This does not have appear to have been paid for at least 6 years.

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 9.05 p.m.