LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 11th June, 2007 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.

 

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr G. Scrini, Councillors P Baines, P Cable, F. Clark and 2 members of the public

 

1.       APOLOGIES

Cllr. Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. A. Clark and J. Cobb

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

      None

 

3.LOCAL POLICING

The Chairman welcomed Chief Superintendent David Colbeck and PCSO Tony Ciacci to the meeting.  Chief Superintendent Colbeck gave a brief history of his position and area.  He is promoting a move towards “safe neighbourhoods” by January 2008.  The crime rate for this area is down by 45%.  He stated crimes need to be reported immediately to achieve results.  There will be a patrol plan under the new scheme.  The new police bus is now operating.  There then followed a question and answer session.  A copy of the Parish Plan needs to be sent to C.I. Glen Harper.  It is hoped that PCSO Ciacci will be able to attend some future meetings.  The Chairman thanked both officers for attending the meeting. 

 

4.MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 14.5.07

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting Cllr. Cable proposed that they were a correct record of the meeting; this was seconded by Cllr. F. Clark and unanimously agreed.

 

5.  MATTERS ARISING

a)       Manor House/Various Planning Matters – Cllrs. Scrini and Cable had attended a meeting with members of the planning department.  Items discussed were:-

       i)    Manor Park – planning is interpreted that permission is granted for all year round occupancy.

ii) Section 106 – still being negotiated.

iii) Melson House – being checked, Cllr Isard also following this up

iv) BDC has received a letter requesting 10 planning issues should be investigated.

v) Enforcement - expediency not punishment.  Short of staff, have to prioritise

vi) Parish Plan – copy needs to be sent

vii) Council Tax for resident- Manor Park  - needs to be investigated.

It was agreed to leave these matters for at least two meetings to give BDC a chance to respond.

b)       Village Hall – Almost finished, an excellent job has been done.  Letter of appreciation has been sent.

c)       Bridleway 25 – Still no signs put up.  Contact to be made with Laura Summers regarding the urgency of this matter. 

d)       Land Registry – the Chairman is following this up with a solicitor. 

e)       Bus Shelter – Cllr. Cable to follow up with Mr. Kitson.  Drawings now needed.  Some responses to the letters have been received – including £50 cheque, some other pledges including the roof, and an offer of paint.  Will need to decide what form of recognition will take place.  Grant needs to be applied for.  The Chairman agreed to edit this.  Unsuccessful applicant for drawing work to be advised.

f)        Trees, Main Street – follow up needed.

g)       BBC Project Church Wall – meeting soon re. this project.

h)       Meadow Project – Funding has been awarded by Breathing Places details available soon. Mr. Hardman to be asked not to cut grass again so that the programme of work can begin.  Tree work Wharf Road – Environment Agency has asked that the trunks be moved as soon as possible. Cllr Cobb to be asked to organise.

i)        Web Site  - no offers of help yet received.

j)        Parish Plan – the photo competition to be extended for 1 week in the hope that more entries will be received.  Entry to be extended to pensioners in the village.  Meeting not yet taken place with NRCC re funding.  Hoping to organise a garden party for early September.

k)       NCC Village Maintenance– Tarmac have now offered to provide 20 tons of planings for Broadings Lane free of charge.  These will be delivered shortly.  Letter of appreciation to be sent.  The village not looking particularly good at the moment, the entrances need attention – Cllr Baines to follow this up.  Roads need sweeping, kerbsides and gutters need sprayed – NCC to be contacted.  The footpath to Church Laneham is breaking up – to be reported.    Anglian Water has confirmed they will now level and reseed Hoo Lane as soon as possible.  Orchard Nurseries need to be thanked for providing plants etc for baskets and planters.  Optivite to be contacted regarding their frontage.

l)        Village Playground – other projects are postponing this at the moment.

m)     Youth Drop In Centre – project abandoned.

n)       Dog Owners – still need reminding about taking responsibility for clearing up after their pets.

o) Footpath Sweeper – Megan’s parents have provided consent, contact to be made with Megan about duties and account.

 

6.  PLANNING – LAND ADJ. SPRINGFIELD HOUSE, ERECT DETACHED HOUSE AND GARAGE, CONSTRUCT AND ALTER EXISTING ACCESS

The Plans were inspected and discussed.  It was agreed that there were no objections in principal, but general concerns were voiced about the number of developments on green sites.

 

 

7.  PUBLIC DISCUSSION

None

 

8. PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       Caretaker - £341.66 (000642)

b)       G. Scrini £10.98  (000643) (Gift to Mr. Smith int. audit)

Cllr. F. Clark proposed approval of payments, seconded by Cllr. Cable and unanimously agreed.

 

9.CODE OF CONDUCT

Due to lack of time it was agreed to leave this matter until the next meeting.

 

10. CORRESPONDENCE

a)       Planning – The Cottage, Main Street – alterations approved

b)       NCC Library Van – new times –Br. Lane 3.21 – 3.35, Rookery Nook 3.37 – 3.45, Meadow House 3.50 – 4.00

c)       BDC provided new contact name for co-options, resignations.

d)       Planning – Barns at Beech Farm – refused

e)       CPRE – acknowledged entry for Best Kept Village Comp and provided posters.  1st round judging 8-27th June, 2nd round 6- 27th July.

f)        BDC – PC liaison group meeting 20th June Retford Town Hall.

 

11. LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a)       Broadings Lane – some concern about the increased amount of traffic.

b)       Hedge – next to 6 Broadings Lane needs to be cut – BDC to be advised.

 

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 9.25 p.m.ALL hALL h