LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 11.1.10 at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall

PRESENT: Councillors G. Scrini, Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. C. Simpson-Kane, P. Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark, J. Cobb and DC Mr K Isard

 

1.  APOLOGIES

 D. Cllr Mrs Isard, Cllr. Hempsall and the Police.

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

 

POLICE REPORT

Apologies had been sent along with a report.  No crime reported during last month.  Statistics provided indicated that overall crimes have reduced from 16 in 2008 to 14 in 2009.

 

4.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 14.12.09

The minutes had been circulated before the meeting.  It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Barber and seconded by Cllr F. Clark, that the minutes were a true record, this was unanimously agreed.

 

5. MATTERS ARISING

a) Byways  – Laura Summers is already obtaining quotes for footbridge resurfacing and will add the Laneham one to this.  She also advised about a complaint of horse muck near a stile, the Chairman confirmed this has already been dealt with.

b) Footpath – Bell Holt & Wharf –NCC have advised that they are just awaiting a response from the Southwell diocese. 

c) Planning – Cllr Isard was present and advised that he has had a meeting with Mr. Armiger about the queries raised.  He has suggested that the Chairman and Clerk are also included in another meeting to be arranged with Mr. Armiger regarding these problems.

d) Code of Conduct Complaint – alternate dates suggested proved to be unsuitable further dates have now been offered.

e) Salt - 5 X 15kg bags of salt had been received, however in view of the recent bad weather these had been inadequate.  It was agreed to write to NCC and express the council’s disappointment at lack of gritting etc during this time.

f) Manor House Park – the Chairman had visited and was assured that the lights have not been changed at all.  He was also told the hedge would be dealt with as soon as possible.

 

6.  PUBLIC DISCUSSION

No public present

 

 

7. PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a) Caretaker  £426.66  (000790)

Cllr Isard had advised the Clerk to write to Mr. M. Hill re the non-payment of the caretaker fees.  This had been done and resulted in the payment being made within a week.  The rate has also been increased.

b) British Waterways have paid the £69.77 rent for Over Trent Piece.

 

8. PRECEPT 2010/11

The latest Bank Reconciliation and Financial Statement was issued to councillors prior to discussing the Precept.  Discussion followed regarding various other payments to be made before the end of the financial year.  The following were agreed - £200 to the Church to help fund the removal of two dead trees, £50 towards the electricity bill (for the Christmas Lights) It was also agreed to contact Mr. Walker to see if he could do some footpath sweeping and litter picking between now and the end of March.  The Precept application was then discussed.  A precept of £3821 was suggested; less concurrent grant and footpath grant which should give a Band D rate of £28.65, which would mean an approximate increase of £2.  The precept application was agreed.

 

 

 

9.  PLANNING APPLICATION – LAND ADJ CHERRY TREE FARM – ERECT TWO DWELLINGS

The original application has now gone to appeal.  However, an amended application has been put before the council.  After inspection of the plans and discussion it was agreed to reiterate the previous comments regarding the cladding and being partly outwith the village envelope. 

 

10. ARCHIVE PROJECT

A volunteer was requested to assist Cllr Barber with this project.  Cllr Scrini offered to do this.  Cllr Isard was asked if his contribution could go towards the IT equipment.  He could not confirm the amount of his contribution at this point in time.  The BDC £300 grant application forms were given to Cllr Cable for completion and submission before the end of March.

Cllr Cobb left the meeting.

 

11.  BOTTLE BANKS

These need to be moved, as the site development is due to begin.  Alternative sites were suggested but it was agreed to move them to the Village Hall yard.  BDC to be advised.

 

LANES

Clayhough Lane is very rutted and has a drainage problem and is not suitable for walking or horse riders.  4 x 4’s and motorbikes using this lane and also the lane from the sluice gates to Moor Lane have caused the problem.  Should the police be informed?  Does it need a temporary closure order?  The Chairman will contact NCC and the Police to discuss what options are available.  The speeding on Broadings Lane was also discussed and it was agreed to contact Highways to see if the 20 mph signs could be reinstated.

 

13.CORRESPONDENCE

a)       Contact  - new dates for visit confirmed as 20th Jan, 17th Feb. 17th March at 2 – 3 p.m.

b)       Parish Council Liaison Meeting Minutes – available for circulation

c)       Clerk – the resignation was received from the Clerk.  After discussion it was agreed to put advertisement in Roundabout first.  The Clerk was thanked for the work she had done over the last 12 years

 

14. LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a)       Christmas Lights – Church lights had been a success but may need another string for next year.  New lights for Ring O’Bells would be preferable, estimated cost £300.  The Chairman offered to fund the cost of these new lights.

b)       Caravan Park – still 12+ caravans there some of which appear to be occupied.  Cllr Isard confirmed he was already progressing this with the Planning Department.

c)       Salt/Grit – during the recent bad weather the Parish Council has been very disappointed with the lack service received from NCC.  The bus route could not be accessed, as the roads were not gritted. The bags of salt received were not enough to keep the roads clear.  Compare to other local villages the service was considered inadequate.  Highways to be advised. 

d)       House Names – this list is almost complete and after discussion it was agreed to post this on the back wall of the bus shelter.

e)       Cllr Cable suggested that councillors should at least read pages 12,13 and 14 of the document Local Government Planning Policy Statement.  (AGENDA)

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approx. 8.45 p.m.