LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 10th July, 2006 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.

 

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr. George Scrini, Councillors Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. A. Clark, P. Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark, County Cllr J. Hempsall and 2 members of the public.

 

 

1.       APOLOGIES

Cllr. J. Cobb

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

       Cllr Mrs. A. Clark declared an interest in an invoice under Item 6(b).

 

3.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 12.6.06 and 19.6.06

The minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting.  Cllr. Mrs. B. Barber proposed that they were correct records of the meetings.  This was seconded by Cllr. F. Clark and unanimously agreed.

 

4.  MATTERS ARISING

a)       Village Hall grant information had been examined by the Chairman and neither option seems to be appropriate for the repairs to the roof.  It was therefore agreed that the work should be put in hand before the condition deteriorates any further.  The contractors to be advised.  The electrical rewiring has been completed.  Cllr Cable noticed that the outside light remains on all the time, to be brought to the attention of the Hall Committee by Cllr. F. Clark.

b)       BBC Project   a site meeting had taken place.  It was agreed that the Notice Board and some seating were not in the places agreed.  They could be moved if the Parish Council insist.  The Chairman recommended that to avoid any further expense they remain as sited.  This was agreed.  It was suggested a letter be sent to Nic Wort asking for a breakdown of the spending and if there was any money left from the 20,000.  Nic had advised that Mr. Hardman had contacted him with suggestions but he had been advised to contact the Parish Council.  It was agreed that the Parish Council should work out a maintenance programme for the meadow.

c)       Culvert the work appears to be in hand.

d)       Bridleway 25  No further word from the Inspector regarding the status of Wharf Road.  A letter to be sent asking what the current situation is.

e)       Bus Shelter  no further word from NCC re. the state of the bus shelter.  Cllr John Hempsall agreed to follow this up.

f)        BBC Meeting at Thoresby Cllr F. Clark had attended and gave a report of the meeting.  After discussion it was agreed to apply for a grant for the extra street lights needed.  It was also thought this could be a source of funding for equipment for the playing field.  BDC to be contacted regarding the procedure for playing field equipment.

g)        Richmonds Cllr F. Clark had been in the village hall loft and managed to find information relating to the purchase of the old village hall by the Hayward family.  The council was thanked for this by both John Hayward and Richmonds.

h)       Best Kept Village CPRE have confirmed that the village has not got through to the second round of judging.  This was disappointing, however despite this the village looks good and everyone was thanked for their efforts in this respect.  Thanks must go to Cllrs Cable and Cobb for their assistance with the grass cutting.

i)        Land Registry the Chairman has perused the information and recommends that the council proceeds.  Information to be gathered to start the registration process by the Chairman and Clerk.

j)        British Waterways Rob Fitzsimons had not been able to attend this meeting but will attend the next one.

k)      Parish Plan The date of the social evening has been changed to 12th August.  A successful meeting had taken place and the format of the questionnaire now finalised.  There will be another meeting at the end of July with a view to issuing the questionnaire by the end of August/beginning of September.  Cllr. Mrs. A. Clark agreed to help with the production of the form.

l)        Planning the letter regarding Melson House has been acknowledged.  However, the letter regarding Trentfield Farm has not.  This to be pursued via Cllr Isard.

m)     Grass Cutting BDC have advised they will add the cutting of the grass in front of Manor House to their schedule.

n)       Vandalism the police have advised what to do about reporting such acts.  Information has been put in Roundabout.

o)       Public Conveniences a reply has been received from Ian Roebuck, BDC.  After discussion a reply was drafted to say the council wished the bench to stay and that from November to Mid March the toilets would be closed at dusk.  It was also suggested that BDC be asked to empty the bins.

The meeting was closed for Public Discussion after which it was reopened.

 

5.   PUBLIC DISCUSSION

There were no items that required further discussion.

 

6.        PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       Caretaker - 333.33 (000608)

b)       A. Clark Footpath Sweeper 70.00 (000609) (Cllr Mrs. A. Clark declared an Interest)

c)    British Waterways - 69.77 received for Over Trent Piece.

Cllr F. Clark proposed the accounts are paid and Cllr Mrs. Barber seconded this and these were approved.

Bank Reconciliation and Financial Statements were made available to the councillors to see the current financial position. 

 

7.       LAND REGISTRATION

This matter had been dealt with earlier and did not require further discussion.

 

8.  CORRESPONDENCE

a)       Posters re Bassetlaw Hospice, Sir Stuart Goodwin Charity and Notts Fire Service will put on board if sufficient space.

b)       Planning Approvals 2 Broadings Lane, Barn Conversion at the Croft and Listed Barn Conversion at the Croft.  The council was disappointed that no mention had been made in the conditions on the points the council had suggested.  A letter to go to BDC Planning.

c)       Daneshill Tip Cllr. F. Clark will complete the questionnaire submitted.

d)       BDC Vacancy on Standards Committee Cllr. Cable expressed an interest and took the forms.

e)       BDC John Brooks, Financial Officer has advised that there has been an increase in the amount of money available for the cleaning of the public conveniences.  100 this year and this will increase every year now in line with inflation.

f)        NCC Draft Statement of Community Involvement The chairman agreed to look at this information. 

g)       Rampton Sports and Leisure  - advised there will be a meeting on 13th July and would welcome any interested persons from Laneham.  It was also suggested Mr. Gray should be given this information.

 

13.  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a)       Trees, Main Street there are two trees on Main Street that are badly infected.  The Tree Warden is to be asked to inspect these with a view to removing and replacing them.

b)       Notice Board needs painting.  Cllr. Baines offered to do this.

c)       Pavement to Church Laneham the hedge alongside this pavement is very overgrown.  It was agreed to ask the owner if they could cut it back.

d)       Dyke parts of a cycle have been dumped in the dyke along Moor Lane.  Cllr. Cable offered to remove these.

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approximately 8.50 p.m.