LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

Monday 9 January 2012 at 7.00pm at the Village Hall, Laneham.

 

PRESENT: Parish Councillors (PCllr) Phil Baines, Fred Clark, John Cobb, Elaine Collier,

Corrina Simpson- Kane (Chair),

In attendance:   Susan Flye (Clerk)

 

1.    APOLOGIES

Bassetlaw District Councillors: K Isard, S Isard

Nottinghamshire County Councillor: J Hempsall

PC Bill Bailey

 

 

2.    DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None declared. Later: CS-K declared an interest re Broadings Lane.

      

 

3.    POLICE REPORT

PC Bill Bailey was unable to attend the meeting, but noted no crime reported to date in 2012.  The review of 2011 noted 4 crimes in Laneham and 7 in Church Laneham, which is quite low compared to some similar sized areas.  The higher number in Church Laneham is due to the series of caravan damages and break-ins last Autumn.

 

 

4.    MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 12 December 2011

The minutes were agreed to be a true record, proposed by Elaine Collier, seconded by Fred Clark.

 

 

5.    MATTERS ARISING

a.    Code of Conduct: The Clerk had provided dates to BDC and was awaiting a response.

b.    Plaque for bus shelter – a notice has been drawn up for the noticeboards.

c.    Village Hall ridge tile repairs.  The Clerk had written to Jason Oakes who had confirmed to FC that he would take a look at the village hall roof.

d.    BDC planning consultation – PB to review.

e.    Core Strategy – EC confirmed she would attend the workshop on 18 January.  Clerk to confirm.

f.     Ferry Lane footpath.  Clerk had written to NCC requesting footpath signs at both ends of the footpath and provided details.  Further enquiries from NCC would be directed to FC.  FC suggested iron clapper gates be erected at either end of the footpath, currently have to climb a fence for access.  Clerk to forward to Laura Summers at NCC.

g.    Potholes now repaired.  FC commented that the bridge painting was complete and Clerk asked to write to Probation Service with thanks for a good job.

h.    Casual Vacancy – meeting dates to be displayed on notice boards and Roundabout.

h.    Diamond Jubilee.  Location for a beacon was again discussed and the need for an event to mark the occasion.  It was suggested that possibly the summer fete could be held on the Jubilee Bank Holiday.  It was noted that it is the Church’s turn to organise the fete.  PB to speak to the Fire Officer regarding beacon safety issues.  PB to speak to Jackie Liddiard in connection with the fete.

i.     Roundabout – the Clerk had received a request from Roundabout for a copy of the unadopted minutes of parish council meetings.  The meeting confirmed the Clerk was in order to forward a monthly copy.  The Clerk confirmed unadopted minutes would be forwarded to Roundabout each month when the minutes had been confirmed by the meeting Chair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

PB

EC

SF

 

 

SF

 

SF

 

SF

 

 

PB

PB

 

 

 

SF

6.    PUBLIC DISCUSSION

The meeting continued as no villagers were present and no matters raised.

 

 

 

 

7.    CLAYHOUGH LANE UPDATE

Further to the last meeting, email correspondence between the Clerk and Laura Summers of NCC was noted.  In summary LS did not want hardcore to be used on the Lane as this would affect future repairs.  A temporary closure notice to be put on the Lane in early January 2012.    Referred to Tim Hart as to why the lane is a by-way rather than a footpath.  The Environment agency would be inspecting the flood banks in early January to assess their condition.  EC/DM to pass on any contact details at the Environment Agency to the Clerk.  The question of liability if a member of the public is injured on the Lane has not been satisfactorily answered.  The Clerk has raised further questions with NCC and is waiting for a second response, in particular who makes the final funding decisions.  The meeting confirmed that the Clerk is to continue pushing this matter with NCC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

EC

DM

 

 

SF

8.    GRANTS/FUNDING – Community Consultation Training

CS-K confirmed she would attend the above at Ollerton on 25 January, Clerk to reserve a place.

 

 

CS-K

SF

9.    VILLAGE HALL HEATING, REPAIRS UPDATE & INSURANCE

PB reported that work on the heating system was to commence shortly.

 

 

 

10.   STANDING ORDERS AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

The Clerk gave copies of the PC’s standing orders to PB and CS-K, other parish councillors had received a copy at the last meeting. Clerk highlighted issues relating to quorum, voting and other procedures.  The Freedom of Information file needed to be updated.  Once done this would be passed around the councillors for approval and a copy placed in the Village Hall for access by members of the public.  The FoI file contains - amongst other things – Financial Regulations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11.   PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

                                                                                Chq no

-      Parish Clerk Susan Flye                      £124.98     000900         salary to 09.01.12

-      M Fanthorpe                                      £358.33     000901         January cleaning

 

The above proposed for payment by Fred Clark, seconded by John Cobb.

 

The Clerk reported that a Charity Commission Annual Return to 31 March 2011 had been completed in respect of the Poors Land.  A copy has been provided to the 3 Trustees.

 

On-line banking – CS-K and PB signed the authorisation, which the Clerk would now submit to NatWest.

 

Provisional bank reconciliation to 31 December 2011 provided.  Final figures to be confirmed.

 

JC apologised and left the meeting at 7.36pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

12.   PLANNING MATTERS

The Clerk reported that no decisions had been announced in respect of Manor House Caravan Park - Manager’s home; St Peter’s Church – gates; Springhead Fine Ales – change of use, Trentfield Farm – remove condition.

 

No new applications had been received.

 

 

 

14.   CORRESPONDENCE

Precept Requirement 2012/13 received from Bassetlaw District Council.  An additional meeting was agreed for Monday 23 January, 7pm to confirm the precept and parish funding.  Clerk to provide all councillors with details of the 2011/12 application and actual expenditure 1 April to 31 December 2011 and forecast for quarter 4 to 31 March 2012, for consideration at the meeting.

 

A correspondence folder was presented to the meeting.

1.         Note of thanks from St Peter’s Church for cheques

2.         Christmas card from BDC

3.         Bassetlaw Commissioning Organisation – NHS Feedback survey

4.         BDC – Parish Council Liaison Group – meeting 25 January

5.         Campaign to Protect Rural England/NALC – “How to respond to planning applications”

6.         Groundwork – Landscape Design

7.         Notts Fire Service – Response magazine

8.         LCR – The Voice of Local Councils

9.         Landscape & Amenity newspaper

10.        Notts Police – Safer Neighbourhood Group meeting – Wed 18 January

11.        BDC- Sports Courses/Funding – 25 January and 6 February.

 

A letter was handed in at the meeting from the Residents of Holly Folly Farm regarding the condition of Broadings Lane stating that the lane is in need of repair due to the excessive use by private and commercial vehicles.  CS-K declared a personal interest.

 

The meeting discussed the volume of traffic on the parish owned lane, commenting that tractors cause a lot of the problem but noted that an improvement in the condition of the lane could result in increased traffic. FC suggested asking NCC to adopt the lane.  Following discussions it was proposed by FC and seconded by PB that the Clerk should acknowledge receipt of the letter and contact NCC for their advice.

 

The claim for the Village Hall buildings insurance was received at the meeting from the Village Hall Committee. Noted at £495.56 effective 3 February 2012.  The meeting agreed to proceed with the existing policy but a second quotation would be required for the 2013 renewal.

 

 

 

 

 

SF

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EC

15.   LANEHAM LAST MONTH

Playing Field – PB raised the issue of how the parish council could purchase the playing field.  Clerk to review previous correspondence.

 

Beck from the River back to Laneham Road.  PB reported the pond weed was virtually blocking the beck.  Clerk to report to the Environment Agency.

 

Fly tipping – Helenship Lane and the junction of Shortleys Lane. EC reported the lay-bys on Helenship Lane have rubbish and tree cuttings/branches dumped.  Clerk to report to BDC.

 

Bell Holt field – next to Boat Club.  Evidence of cars being driven on the land and a large amount of litter.  Clerk to raise with PC Bailey and BDC.

 

On the road past the Manor House Caravan Park a large puddle has formed.  Report to Highways.

 

The meeting noted the continuing problem of dog fouling.  Parish Councillors encouraged to challenge known offenders.

 

Laneham website – it was confirmed in order for the Clerk to pass adopted minutes to Lee Sinclair for inclusion on the website.

 

Parish Council meeting dates – the April meeting falls on the 8th, Bank Holiday Monday, and it was agreed to move the meeting to Monday 16 April 2012.

 

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

 

 

SF

The meeting closed at 8.30pm