LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 8.3.10 at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall.

 

The councillors met the three candidates for the Clerk’s post before the meeting started.

PRESENT: Councillors G. Scrini, Mrs. B. Barber, Mrs. C. Simpson-Kane, P. Baines, P. Cable, F. Clark,  J. Cobb Cllrs. Mr & Mrs Isard, PCSO Tony Ciacci, 2 members of the public and the three applicants for the Clerk’s post.

 

1.  APOLOGIES

Cllr. Hempsall and PC Bill Bailey

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

 

POLICE REPORT

Tony informed the meeting there had been no crime reported so far this year.   There is still a problem with motorbikes and he did report that 3 bikes had been seized on Helenships Lane.  With regard to the vehicles using Clayhough Lane the police will need registration number of vehicles to follow this up.  Cllr Mrs. Barber reported the Friday night gatherings have started again, and requested police presence on Friday evenings when possible.  Tony did say to watch out for scrap and garden statue thefts, there has been activity with this in nearby villages.  The Chairman thanked Tony for attending the meeting.

 

4.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 08.2.10

The minutes had been circulated before the meeting.  It was proposed by Cllr Mrs. Barber and seconded by Cllr Clark, that the minutes were a true record, this was unanimously agreed.

 

5. MATTERS ARISING

a) Byways  – No further response from Laura Summers.  To contact her again regarding the bridge across the beck. 

b) Footpath – Bell Holt & Wharf –NCC have advised that they are just awaiting a response from the Southwell diocese – no change with this. Contact again.

c) Planning – Cllr Isard gave a summary of the reply from Mr. Armiger, which indicated that some of the matters are now being followed up. 

d) Code of Conduct Complaint – the councillors were not happy with the way this has been conducted.  The councillors concerned have still not been told what the complaints were.  It is up to the individual councillors to follow this through.

e) Manor House Park – the hedge has now been cut back.

f) Bottle Banks – have now been moved to the village hall car park.

g) Clayhough Lane – the reply from Tim Hart indicates it would be an expensive job to change the status of this lane.  Funding may be available to improve the drainage and surface, which may address the issue.

h) Litter – Mr Walker sent in a list of the items of rubbish collected between Laneham and Church Laneham which was extensive.

i) Optivite – have now replaced the cellar cover.

j) NCC Local Transport Plan – questionnaire had been completed and returned.

 

The Meeting was then closed for 10 minutes to allow public discussion after which it was reopened and the following needed further discussion.

 

6.  PUBLIC DISCUSSION

The poor condition of Broadings Lane was brought to the attention of the council.  After discussion it was agreed to a) allocate £150 for the purchase of some planings.  Cllrs Mrs. Simpson-Kane agreed to undertake this task.  And b) contact Mr. Strawson to see if he would be willing to donate another load of planings (the Clerk to do this)

 

 

7. PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       NALC  Subscription  £64.66 (000794)

b)       Mr Walker Sweeping and Litter picking £36.00  (000795)

c)       Clerk’s fee and expenses  £368.47 (000796)  Cllr Cobb declared an interest)

d)       Caretaker £350.16  (000796)

e)       Cllr Cable Machinery Hire £23.00  (000798)

f)        Cllr Scrini  gift for Clerk  £50.00  (000799)

The above were proposed for payment by Cllr Clark, seconded by Cllr Mrs. Barber and unanimously agreed.

 

8.LANE LETTINGS

It was agreed to offer all Lanes and Poor Close again this year.  Letting will take place on Easter Monday, 5th April at 9.00 in the village hall.  Notices were issued for the Board and Roundabout.

 

 

9. ARCHIVE PROJECT

Steve Philp has offered help, which is much appreciated.  The Community Work Team are also going to help where possible.  Funding so far is £300 from BDC, £1000 from Village Hall committee, with further promises from Cllrs Isard and Hempsall.

 

10. BROADINGS LANE (Speed Limit)

No response from NCC it was suggested we write again saying “as we have not received any objections we are assuming it is OK to put up the new signs”

 

11. ACCESS TO AND MAINTENANCE OF PARISH FIELD

The fence has still not been removed.  A draft letter was circulated.  It was unanimously agreed to send the letter via Mr. Hardman’s solicitor.

 

12.MANOR HOUSE PARK HOMES

The Chairman agreed to visit and discuss the situation which arises when new homes are delivered

 

13. CORRESPONDENCE

a)       BDC Emergency Planning Day – info circulated

b)       Backing Bassetlaw Loyalty Card Scheme – info for Board

c)       BDC Amended Planning Application at Cherry Tree Farm has been approved.  Cllr Isard advised the appeal for the original application has also been granted.

d)       BDC Election Notice for board.  Further info will be available shortly.  The elections will take place on 6th May unless that is General Election Day, then it would be 27th May for local elections.

e)       BDC Spring Clean – agreed not to take part this year.

f)        NCC Concessionary Travel changes to be posted on board

g)       BDC Saturday Bulky Collections – notice to be posted on board and in Roundabout.

h)       NCC- are offering a free bench or notice board for every Parish.  It was agreed to apply for a Notice Board.  Cllr Cable agreed to complete the form.

 

12 LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a) Lamposts 13, 18 and 20 have been damaged – report to NCC at Ollerton.

b) Clerk – this was the last meeting for the current Clerk, Ann Leather.  The Chairman thanked Ann for the work done over the past 12 years and presented a gift voucher and flowers.  The Chairman also thanked Sally Mitchell for allowing access to Ann during working hours and for allowing use of the photocopier.  The Clerk expressed her thanks for the gifts.

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approx. 8.45 p.m.