LANEHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 8.2.10 at 7.00 p.m. in the Village Hall

PRESENT: Councillors G. Scrini, Mrs. B. Barber, P. Cable, F. Clark, and J. Cobb

 

1.  APOLOGIES

 Cllrs. Mrs. C. Simpson-Kane, P Baines, Dist Cllrs Mr. & Mrs Isard, Cllr. Hempsall and the Police.

 

2.  DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS

None

 

POLICE REPORT

Apologies had been sent along with a report.  No crime reported during last month.  However, PC Bailey did advise that the crime of stealing heating oil is on the increase locally and sent out some security advice, perhaps this could go in Roundabout.

 

4.  MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 11.1.10

The minutes had been circulated before the meeting.  It was proposed by Cllr F. Clark and seconded by Cllr Mrs. B. Barber, that the minutes were a true record, this was unanimously agreed.

 

5. MATTERS ARISING

a) Byways  – No further response.  The Chairman will remind her of the current situation.

b) Footpath – Bell Holt & Wharf –NCC have advised that they are just awaiting a response from the Southwell diocese – no change with this. A further chaser to be sent.

c) Planning – Cllr Isard was not present and a meeting has still not been arranged. The Chairman will contact Cllr. Isard.

d) Code of Conduct Complaint – Mr. Hardman had cancelled the meeting.

e) Salt – NCC advised the current situation regarding bins.  However it was agreed to contact them regarding the bin at the Ferry Boat, which does need refilled.

f) Manor House Park – the Chairman will follow up about the hedge.

g) Planning – it seems that the second application at Cherry Tree Farm has been approved.

h) Bottle Banks – it has been agreed to move them to the Village Hall Car Park, however, they do need emptied before they can be moved.

i) Clayhough Lane – No response from Laura Summers.  Bill Bailey says nothing he can do without registration numbers/names etc.  Contact to be made with NCC regarding getting the status of Clayhough Lane changed from byway to bridleway. 

j) Clerk Vacancy – no response to ad in Roundabout.  It was agreed to place an ad in the Retford Times this week.  It was also agreed that Cllr. Cable should attend the next Headon P.C. meeting when they would be seeing applicants who had applied for their Clerks vacancy.

k) Christmas Lights (Cllr Cable declared a personal interest) the old lights really need to be written off and in view of the offer to provide new lights, this was agreed.  It was agreed that Cllr Cable could dispose of the old ones at no expense to the council.

 

6.  PUBLIC DISCUSSION

No public present but two items were brought to the attention of the council.

a)       Litter – it was agreed to ask Mr. Walker to pay particular attention to the litter between Laneham and Church Laneham, as well as elsewhere.

b)       Optivite – a cellar cover has been removed from outside the Optivite premises.  Optivite to be advised.

 

 

7. PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

a)       Laneham Village Hall – Insurance £420.62 (000791)

b)       Laneham Parish Church – Churchyard maint. £500, removal of trees £200 and £50 towards electricity use at Christmas  £750.00  (000792)

c)       Caretaker £350.15  (000793)

d)       BDC have awarded £300 grant to be used on the Archive Project.

 

 

 

8.PLANNING APPLICATION – LAND ADJ. SPRINGFIELD LODGE & SPRINGFIELD HOUSE – OUTLINE APPLICATION TO ERECT ONE DETACHED DWELLING AND GARAGE

This is a renewal of previous application.  The plans were inspected and discussed.  There were no objections.

 

A further planning application had been received 2 days before the meeting.  This is for a Conservatory at Pippin Cottage on Dunham Road. The councillors could see no objections to this and it was agreed to include this item in the Retford Times report and ask anyone with objections to contact a councillor before the 21st February.  If none received then the reply could be sent in with no objections.

 

 

9. ARCHIVE PROJECT

Trentvale have obtained their grant, but have deferred Laneham’s application for help with the Archive Project.  Now have to look to other sources for funding.  £300 has already come from BDC, and the village hall committee have pledged £1000.  Cllr Isard has still not confirmed how much his contribution will be.  The concrete base will cost approx. £300 the council was asked to consider paying for this.  This was unanimously agreed. It was also agreed to consider contacting Dave Weston of the probation service to see if they could help with the work.  There is a need to provide secure housing for the IT equipment. A message left on the Clerk’s telephone after the meeting indicated that  Cllr Hempsall would be willing to provide a grant from his next years grant allowance.  The council is delighted by and grateful for this news.

Cllr Cobb left the meeting.

 

10. LOCAL GOVERNMENT PLANNING POLICY STATEMENT

It is important councillors are aware of this and that the meeting with Cllr Isard and Mr. Armiger takes place before the next council meeting.

 

11, CORRESPONDENCE

a)       BBC has enquired if the Church Restoration project is still valid.  The letter has been passed to Jackie Liddiard.

b)       Retford Action Centre provided leaflets regarding the Bassetlaw Community Outreach facility.

c)       NCC Local Transport Plan – the Chairman took the questionnaire with a view to completion.

d)       NCC Parish and Town Council event – notes on the meeting to be circulated.

e)       NALC Area Committee meeting on 17th February at Retford Town Hall will include discussion on Bulky Collections.  Cllr Cable to try to attend.

 

12 LANEHAM LAST MONTH

a)       Shortleys Lane – some reports of damage by large vehicles, but this does not appear to be the case, however the Chairman will have a word with Mr. Strawson.

b)       Tingdene blocking road when delivering new homes – AGENDA for next meeting.

c)       Standing Water – under hedge alongside Manor House Park – Highways to be contacted.

d)       20 mph sign Broadings Lane –AGENDA

e)       Dog Fouling – still a problem, struggling to preserve the environment, need cooperation of all residents and visitors.

f)        Access to and maintenance of Parish Field - AGENDA

 

There was no further business discussed and the meeting closed at approx. 8.50 p.m.